Bringing back my religion

Parsa

Chieftain
Hi guys,

So I had a religious defeat. I got defeated by Gandhi and now most of my cities follow Hinduism. I want to bring back the religion to Islam. With what strategy can I do that?

Get an apostle in a city still following your religion, then call an inquisition with it.
Then you can build inquisitors, they Mostly wipe out an enemy Religion in your cities.
No cities following your religion and no units that can convert one back?... your religion is now only in the history books.

How does that work? And what is that?

Rock Bands are part of Gathering Storm and are a late game unit bought with faith. They are designed for cultural victory.

They come with a promotion, like Apostles, and one of these promotions will convert a city to your founded religion. (There is a late game policy card that will allow you to select from any promotion, like Yerevan effect for them, otherwise you will be presented with 3 to choose from).)

They can only be used on enemy civs, but it is the only way to revive an "extinct" religion. I think there's actually an achievement for this.

Rock Bands are part of Gathering Storm and are a late game unit bought with faith. They are designed for cultural victory.

They come with a promotion, like Apostles, and one of these promotions will convert a city to your founded religion. (There is a late game policy card that will allow you to select from any promotion, like Yerevan effect for them, otherwise you will be presented with 3 to choose from).)

They can only be used on enemy civs, but it is the only way to revive an "extinct" religion. I think there's actually an achievement for this.

Ooh, so they are not available in Sid Meiers?

Ooh, so they are not available in Sid Meiers?

I believe they are part of Gathering Storm, which is the second expansion pack for Civilization VI. So if you don't have that, yes I believe it's not available.
Someone else here might correct me, though!

Hi guys,

So I had a religious defeat. I got defeated by Gandhi and now most of my cities follow Hinduism. I want to bring back the religion to Islam. With what strategy can I do that?

This happened to me in my very first game.

Do this:

Dow anyone with holy units near your cities and kill those units. Unless the rules have changed, as long as you have even a single holy point in a city, killing those units will exert your faith in your city, and by killing enough, your faith will regain dominancy in that city. Then spam missionaries and apostles from the first city you regain with a holy site to help kill enemy holy units and spread your faith.

edit: hmm, its possible killing them may only give negative presence for that faith, but the end result will be the same - your faith will come back. I know for damn sure I brought my faith back even though I had zero cities following my faith.

Until you get the right Rock Band ....
I noticed there is a Steam achievement for this!

Rock God
Have no cities following your religion then convert a city to your religion using a Rock Band unit

You can also build some wonders, if avalaible.

I remember that I built the Mahabodhi Temple and got 2 Apostles of my wiped out religion. If you build Stonehenge while having a religion, you are getting an Apostle instead. I should test if the Warrior Monks you got from the Kotoku-In are from your religion, the city's religion or the majority religion.

WIth the new Vatican city-state, it is worth a shot to try to see if the pressure (+400 in area, so an Artist is +1200) is from which religion.

As said, Rock Band can do the trick: convert then conquer. Also, some beliefs (+200 per Envoy) is also working (need to test first).

...No cities following your religion and no units that can convert one back?... your religion is now only in the history books.

Oh ye of little faith....

“But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.” Deuteronomy 4:29

The pressure doesn't get erased entirely, so if you're lucky and you just lost your faith you might be able to squeeze it out of the firmament by condemning heretics... I was once able to do this when I found my religion was nuked and I had no religious units to convert my cities back!

Challenging yes, but what is difficult through men is easy through God

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch
Like me!

How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed!

Top Bottom