BST - How to not install as mod?

drhirsch

Warlord
I have used BAT 3.0.1 with BTS 3.19 as a mod successfully. It's a great mod, but my saves need the BAT Mod to play, obviously. Not I try to reinstall it in user folders, but no matter what, it always goes into the MODS folder.

I have completly uninstalled it, reinstalled with admin privileges, but to no avail, it will always be installed as a mod. Any advice?

Looking closer, I now see it actually installs in "My Games/Beyond The Sword/Mods", so this behaviour is probably intended. So there is no way to play with BAT without using is as a mod?

Looking closer, I now see it actually installs in "My Games/Beyond The Sword/Mods", so this behaviour is probably intended. So there is no way to play with BAT without using is as a mod?
BAT can only be played as a mod. That is because it IS a mod, and can't be installed any other way. Sorry. :(

There are other ways to install it as not a mod. I personally like to try running using the iTunes interface. It isn't perfect but the music is nice.

It has to be installed as a mod because it has its own custom dll.

So if I understand this correctly, I can't play the BTS-saves other players post, e.g. in Strategy & Tipswhen I am using BAT mod?

I installed BAT and and after starting it, trying to load a save, I always get the message "this save requires the following mode: none, okay to restart".
Or is there an install option with BAT I am missing? I saw some players in strategy&tips using BAT...

I can, however, open the same savesafter with BUG, starting "normal" BTS...

Thanks for the information.

So if I understand this correctly, I can't play the BTS-saves other players post, e.g. in Strategy & Tipswhen I am using BAT mod?

I installed BAT and and after starting it, trying to load a save, I always get the message "this save requires the following mode: none, okay to restart".
Or is there an install option with BAT I am missing? I saw some players in strategy&tips using BAT...

I can, however, open the same savesafter with BUG, starting "normal" BTS...

Thanks for the information.
The S&T games that use BAT started the game with BAT, and you will be able to load those saves with BAT. If the player was not using BAT, then you can't load the save while using BAT.

BAT is a mod, and it only runs as a mod. There is no install option that will change this. Sorry.

The S&T games that use BAT started the game with BAT, and you will be able to load those saves with BAT. If the player was not using BAT, then you can't load the save while using BAT.

Well, thats okay I guess, just needed the clarification and I can still play S&T-games with BUG, although the look & and feel of BAT is really something. However, I think I will play at least my own games with BAT :) ...Great work you guys are doing.

Top Bottom