1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BTS Mod Issue - What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Verkinix, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Verkinix

Verkinix Chieftain

Hey all,

Just got BTS today. Installed it, loaded it up, everything is running fine. I "transfered" over my custom civs that I've created in a MOD that works for vanilla and warlords. I used the BTS files and just rewrote my civs in the BTS fashion. Ok, so I put my mod folder in the BTS mod folder (equivalent to the warlords mod folder). The game loads with my mod saying (MOD)xml yada, and the game loads fine. At the top right, it shows my mod name.

Here comes the problem. I go into custom game, pull down the menu for leader selection... No custom leaders. Same with Civs. I'm like, ok, I must have the wrong folder. I put my custom mod folder into the "my documents\my games" folder. Same problem, no custom stuff loading even after it says (MOD)xml yada loading. So I continue to rack my brain and go through my corresponding warlords files to see if I could find something that is "different".

I'm having no luck. Perhaps someone knows what I'm doing wrong. Right now its loading as though I no files in my mod folder when infact there are. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

btw, I did in fact get errors initially when loading civ before I worked out all the link errors and conversion issues in my mod. So the game is reading my mod, just not running it in game for some reason.

Alright, I got it working. Please disregard this post. There was a minor detail changed from warlords in BTS that was not apparent at first glance. My custom civs work great.

Latah!

2. jpinard

jpinard Martian

What was it you missed? I need to do this too.

3. Verkinix

Verkinix Chieftain

My appologies. I went out of town for the weekend, so I didnt get your post until tonight. Anyway, the one thing I missed, which is pretty stupid, is in the Mods\MYMOD\Assets\xml\Civilizations folder, CIV4CivilizationInfos file, at the head of the custom civ it says <Type>CIVILIZATION_WHATEVER</Type>. I forgot to change the WHATEVER to MYCIVNAME (whatever my civ name is). In warlords, however, I simply had GREECE and it worked fine. In this one, GREECE didnt seem to double up for my civ, and thus dropped it from the game all together. SO, long story short, make sure you give a custom <type> to your civ (which I'm sure most do anyway).

Anyway, hope this helps someone somewhere. Latah!

4. jpinard

jpinard Martian

hehe thanks!