[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Thanks! :) and for the name.. uh "Map and Speed Mod Component" or you can add more features such as "no colony's" and more Sea levels and stuff and call it "Costum Game Mod" or something.. Just ideas, but before tackling a new project, how bout sticking with RoM a while? :)
I've uploaded this little mod component now. See World size and speed thread. ;)

Hey this looks pretty cool am downloading now. Any maps/scenarios ship with it?
See Map thread on RoM sub forum. Some downloads might be unavailable now since download database was lost recently and not all have uploaded their files again. It shouldn't be too difficult to edit maps yourself for RoM compatibility since all map files are text based files (edit in notepad). If I ever get some extra time, I'll convert few most used maps to RoM.

I was wondering if anyone has created a reference file for this mod in PDF format. if so, could they show me where to find it?
Thanks
Not that I know of any - I haven't done such document and unfortunately I don't have time to do it. Maybe someone has time for that task? ;) Next versions will have more complete strategy/pedia so that it will be slightly easier to adjust to all the new features.

Oh, I found a glitch. If you're at war and use like a spearman to attack a worker you conquer that worker, with trained dogs the worker is destroyed.
And I think the AI builds way too many dogs, for the most part I find them useless but a typical AI army is like 5 catapults, 5 dogs and 10 others (axemen/spearmen/archers)

Have a CTD. Happens about the midway point during the AI's turn after you end this turn. Haven't figured out what exactly the problem is yet...

I'd modified the Guerrilla units abilities (giving it hidden nationality and always hostile) to provide a private, cold war type angle on later eras, but no one has reached that level of tech yet, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Attachments

• Jer1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    618.4 KB · Views: 66
Hello

I discovered this mod not long ago and I am playing it since; enjoyable even if I don't get good scores
congratulation and thnaks

I noticed that with update 1.0.1 one of the changes is that Forges upgrade to Steel Mills. One problem is that once you have built the Steel Mill, all the buildings that need the forge (ie. Iron Works) will no longer allow you to build them. Is this intentional?

I noticed that with update 1.0.1 one of the changes is that Forges upgrade to Steel Mills. One problem is that once you have built the Steel Mill, all the buildings that need the forge (ie. Iron Works) will no longer allow you to build them. Is this intentional?

So that's what went wrong!!!! I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't build the Iron Works where I wanted to build it. I had built the Steel Mill there! :blush::goodjob:

Guys, I downloaded the mod but when I start a game the units are there but the surrounding UI, like the menu, civilopedia and civics and so on arnt there, so I cant really play as I cant build use the settler or anything, any solutions?

Guys, I downloaded the mod but when I start a game the units are there but the surrounding UI, like the menu, civilopedia and civics and so on arnt there, so I cant really play as I cant build use the settler or anything, any solutions?

The best answer is not a very helpful one. You have to go back and check that all of the CIV4 and BTS patches are in, and if you are using CIV Gold read the first page of the thread. I don't think CIV Gold will run this properly(?):sad:

Sorry, I misled you, the stuff about CIV Gold isn't where I thought it was.

Yeah I've got gold, so what happens now?
And can anyon help explain how to get it to work cause this mod looks awesome

hey zap just a cpl ideas: one mite want to change it so that the harbor doesn't upgrade to ports after all most port cities also have smaller harbors for personal type crafts

also i was reading threw the lists of new mods out there and saw one that says it also added a new corp...a coffee comp similiar to starbucks....i never dl or anything but you mite wanna check it out see if poss for this mod

and been awhile since i made it far enough for it to happen, damn mafs, but i remember the world wonder aqueduct, cant remember name off hand, that gives every city an aqueduct gets obsoleted with a tech, once again not on the game and memory shot, and then you loose the aqueducts it gave ya
anyways cant wait for v2

Yeah I've got gold, so what happens now?
And can anyon help explain how to get it to work cause this mod looks awesome
The issue with Gold is that the mod can't find install dir of Civ 4 from windows registry as I have used CvPath.py file (was part of some mod component) and this issue can be fixed by adding manually new register entry for BtS but I wouldn't recommend this operation. I'm trying to get fixed CvPath.py file which "knows" what version of the game player has installed... I don't have Gold version so I don't know yet if the fix works correctly. The same issue has been on other mods as well which have used CvPath.py file. If you want to try manually fix it, the solution has been mentioned in this thread before.

hey zap just a cpl ideas: one mite want to change it so that the harbor doesn't upgrade to ports after all most port cities also have smaller harbors for personal type crafts

also i was reading threw the lists of new mods out there and saw one that says it also added a new corp...a coffee comp similiar to starbucks....i never dl or anything but you mite wanna check it out see if poss for this mod

and been awhile since i made it far enough for it to happen, damn mafs, but i remember the world wonder aqueduct, cant remember name off hand, that gives every city an aqueduct gets obsoleted with a tech, once again not on the game and memory shot, and then you loose the aqueducts it gave ya
anyways cant wait for v2
Yea, you right about cities having several harbors/ports but I'd like to keep the harbor->international port upgrade line straightforward and simple - though I might add Marina type building for late eras. I also know about those new corps.. pretty much know about every mod component in the database because I've been checking what to include to RoM. That Aqueduct wonder has been already fixed/changed. ;)

Oh, I don't think Marco Polo's Embassy should be obsolete with Communism. Since you get that tech way before you get the tech that allows global market so it doesn't make sense that you can use Global market one turn, reasearch communism and not be able to use it for a while

HOW ABOUT ADDING SOME OF gir WONDERS just curious

Ok, checked searching CvPath.py but just couldnt find it, I give up then, for the time being atleast......

Hi Zappara!

Congratulations!! Cool the mod!!Very much we use it multiplayer onto a game.
A thought:The conquered city should be passive (give nothing) for 20-25 turns. Significant part (maybe 60-70%) of the city's population should escape to own cities nearby. The only result of the conquest of the city would be the taking of area with resources. To sum it up: the negative effects in terms of money and research should be the same for both sides for 20-25 turns.
This way the outcome of the game would not be too much influenced by the conquer (and on the other side: loss) of the first 1 or 2 cities.
We your opinion from this direction?

Hi!

He is a thought yet. -One of the cities could convey the unnecessary food to an other city.
-(Zone off controll)is he solvable?

Would it be possible for someone to add a the Challenger 2 MBT for the English?, because im sure they dont use M1 Abrams look a like :)

Has the integration of the enhanced city size mod ever been considered?
It could default to the normal civ4 behavior for those who don't like it, but having cities able to grow their radius over time adds an interesting element to the game.

Top Bottom