BTS - with mod Realism:Invictus ver. 3.5 Screenshots from my game

But at last my troops are now ready to carry out "Operation BølleBank". "BølleBank" can probably best be translated as "BullyBeating".....

Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

And guess what? First assult was successfull. Even VladimirTheRussian did understand the message:

Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

Thank you for seeing the light Mr. VladimirTheStuborn. But it's too late.
Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

I guess Snowygerry already have noticed, that my Sloops carry one military unit - unlike what the normal version of RI does. But that is my - sometimes not so humble - opinion/belief that most warships often were able to carry just a small force - either landsoldiers or marines - in addition to their normal seamen.

I've had the feeling for a long time - that this game could not end with an actual victor.

But I had also challenged "The Fate" quite a bit. A setup with a map of 25,600 tiles, of which more than 11,500 were land, with 25 active nations and also with the largest possible number of turns... It was very ambitious - I must admit that.

The game now crashes every turn or two - It's too much. The reloading of the game and re-doing what ever has been lost since last save is not fun. Not at all.
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

So just one last thing before I end this thread. A couple of posts with updates of what has happened since the last time:

The war against the Russians continued for quite some time - actual until I needed a break. At that time I had won 7 cities from the Russians, all former Finnish cities.

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

Shortly after Russia decided to declare a new war against me - that "gave" me further 4 cities.

Portugal went to war against England (Great Britain) and won so much land that Portugal is now "equal" with Russian and the Mughal Empires - at least in armysizes. The Mughal Empire is in lead of the Legendary Culture race.

Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG

This morning - still hopefull that my patience would stand - I declared on The Russian Empire.

Background for this was, that after a lot of spy-activity (stealing of gold and sciences) I suddendly was able to see the military presence in the russian cities. And it stood clear to me, that with those small garrisons, it would be no problem for a quick take over.
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG

And here the game ends.

Now my idea for gathering all those troops wasn't to attack the Rusians, but to find some smaller nations which could be "removed" from the map quickly. I was fully aware that whatever I chosed, it had to go fast now.

Because at the same moment I got "views" of the Russian cities, and the "infamous" CtD happened with much shorter intervals than before - I knew that the use of the PC's resources (and probably also the graphics card's resources), had to go down. It was urgent to reduce the "pressure" on them.

The only way I know here is to reduce the number of active nations. Because that usually helps with stability. But I couldn't do that until my patience was exhausted.

Quite sad actually, because with 3 (almost) equal opponents, 2 of which were good friends (Portugal and Russia), it actually looked quite promising for a tight final.

Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

While I'm waiting for the latest version of Realism:Invictus ver 3.6 - which will hopefully arrive within the next 14 days - I'm going to retreat a bit into the background and sniff, play, sort and/or save everything interesting from the past year .

I'll come back after I've played a few rounds with the new version - especially if I find something really interesting.

It is gigantic(!).

I have described it in this thread on page 4 (post 31.July) and same page, post dated 2.Nov.

Just remember - and that is important if you want to end such a big, long game.
Flat Map (use fx. SmartMap_mst.py for the setup).
Not more than 8.000 landtiles (approx. 30% land on a 200*128 tiles map).
Extended distance between cities (do be done manually).

Add the bolded text to the end of the ....\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file):
<Define>
<DefineName>INITIAL_FREE_MILITARY_UNITS_POPULATION_PERCENT</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>6</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>6</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

</Civ4Defines>

If you map is somewhat smaller but still more than normal huge, you can change the iDefineIntVal from 6 to 5 or 4 - but probably not to 3, then you get too many cities). Default value in a unmodded game is 2 (tiles).

Top Bottom