Bug or not---Bastard wasn't really a bastard

JAMiAM

Chieftain
Hi,

Ran into a problem with my queen getting on in years, with no heir. She gets the event from her husband, who is ill, whereby they go and get intimate, and she gets pregnant. Next year, he dies, and the child is born to the now unwed queen and becomes a bastard. I can honestly see how this can go either way, but would like to get the devs thoughts on this. Was this intended, or not?

Hi Dale,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. As it turns out, it made for an interesting sequence of events over the course of the game. A couple of years after the 'bastard' daughter was born, I got the other event where I could adopt an heir. The male adoptee was questioned by the bastard on a later event where she thought his claim to be weak and he had a chance to give up his position. I chose not to, since there was nobody else. As it turns out, she was my best candidate for a spymaster, but I chose to not tempt fate (or the event tree) and let another take that position, despite the fact that they were friendly with one another - both being cunning. If I had the opportunity, I would have had the heir marry her, but it didn't seem like that was an option...;^)

Reactions: uhu
Top Bottom