1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Building railways - problematic!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by cafka, Dec 23, 2001.

1. cafka

cafka Working Class Hero

In my latest game, I've done pretty well, my empire consists of two continents (at least soon :p), but I have a little problem. How to build railways? ;)

I've researched steam power, and I've got iron, oil and lots of that stuff. But still, no "Build Railway"-button pops up in my "panel" when I place a worker anywhere on my continent... :(

I'll soon be in the Modern Age - without railways, unless you help. Critical sh*t, yeah. ;)

2. Proteus

Proteus King

Besides Iron you also need coal to build Railways.
    If one of those is missing you aren´t able to build Railways (Oil-powered Trains aren´t implemented in the Game, only those Iron Horses which need Coal to function ;) )

3. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

Yeah, building railroads is always hard for me becuase i just don't have the right resources, I have only had one game where i had both resources under my belt...other times I had to trade with other civs.