Building sandbox which is NOT a platform exclusive

Gelion

Retired Captain
I was wondering if there's a game out there that allows for great architectural solutions, like Minecraft, but at the same time is not tied to a platform to be run or loaded? This eliminates great titles like Space Engineers because this game requires Steam to run. I hope there's something out there.

The only answer I can come up with so far is Dwarf Fortress, which is not a single player game.

Does minecraft require a platform in particular these days? Way back when I could run it from Windows or Linux w/o using any other programs first w/o issue. Haven't played it in years.

Dwarf Fortress is definitely single player, did you mean to say it isn't MP?

Does minecraft require a platform in particular these days? Way back when I could run it from Windows or Linux w/o using any other programs first w/o issue. Haven't played it in years.
I actually don't know any more, but I thinkyou can just run it from an OS with Mojang account.

Dwarf Fortress is definitely single player, did you mean to say it isn't MP?
Yes, it is SP. What I meant was first person. DF is a strategy game and I am looking for a first person sandbox preferably.

Oh okay. In that case, I don't know anything offhand that fits what you're looking for :/.
Thanks :) I think thats partially the problem that there is not anything out there that is both sandbox and first player view game. Still, I am somewhat hopeful...

Top Bottom