Building/wonder effects

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
Is there a definitive list of effects that can be had by buildings and wonders (without lua programming)? I am assuming that regular buildings can have any effect a wonder can have, it's just a case of NOT setting the MaxGlobeInstances to 1 when you set up the building class. I was only aware of being able to set up groups where you can only build one out of that group of buildings a few days ago, so I was wondering what other effects I wasn't aware of.

The one effect I would like to see is a building that would increase the population of the city it was built in by, say, 2. I was thinking of using that effect for an insula in Anno Domini that comes with city planning, two thirds of the way through the game. Is such an effect available?

I am assuming that regular buildings can have any effect a wonder can have, it's just a case of NOT setting the MaxGlobeInstances to 1 when you set up the building class.
Correct.
The effects themselves are listed in CIV5Buildings.xml; most have a good descriptive name.

The one effect I would like to see is a building that would increase the population of the city it was built in by, say, 2.
In the XML there is only GlobalPopulationChange, not for just one city.

Top Bottom