C3C PBEM Darwin's Island

Most people let the whole world know by posting in this thread. So, I would either check it often, or even subscribe to it by 1) posting in there, or 2) (in case you didn't know...) check for a "thread tools" tab near the top right corner of the Explorer window, and select "subscribe to this thread."

This would've been my back-up plan if it hadn't filled up with (systematically) every invitation I sent (quite nearly). I didn't want to post it there just yet though, and I do assume that folks like mr flying piggy above would know that much, and better.

well, yes, there are exceptions ;)

Roger that :salute:
Map info in the mail, KC will cook us something up. Soul cannot play until monday either way so we can expect to really start next week.

We should have the save by the early days of this coming week.

Just so it's said, not that I expect any less would come from this bunch:

• I don't expect/wish to have to refer to these rules, ever.
  • I expect to see some GPS to PlayerX action in this thread
  • I expect everyone to be able to play within 24 of a GPS post, unless you can't, in which case announcing it would be very nice
  • 20 turn peace deals should be solid and never broken, any other in-game 20 turns deal breaks should be announced prior to the breaking player's turn by the faulty player. War should be announced before you enter the defender's lands so the defender has a turn to move his defences.
  • No intentionnally breaking trade routes for this to happen by self or by a co-operating 3rd party. Wear the pants you put on.
  • No scorched earth tactics to deny capture or make one's life miserable. No razing wonder cities.
  • Only dogpile someone if he/they really pissed you all off.
  • City trades in peace deals are ok but otherwise keep your citizens.
  • Peace should be offered after the capture of a capital city if the defender had at least 5 or more cities to begin with. The price for peace must be at most 50% of the remaining cities (the new capital can be the other 50%). The defender is allowed to refuse. The attacker avoiding the capital is definitely incentive for the aforementioned "pissing off" of other civs.
  • Trade maps at your own risk, I certainly don't advise you do beside with the in-game trade.
  • Report combats by PM or email; examples:

Santiago, from NW:
    4/4 horse v 3/3 spear > 2/4 horse
    5/5 horse v 3/3 spear > 2/3 spear retreat
    3/4 sword v 2/3 spear > 1/5 sword capture

Settler pair North of Barcelona:
    4/4 Jav v 3/3 spear > 1/4 jav, 1 worker enslaved
    5/5 ACav v 4/4 Archer > 2/5 ACav, 2 workers captured

If you think of anything else, shoot.

We should have the save by the early days of this coming week.

Just so it's said, not that I expect any less would come from this bunch:

• 20 turn peace deals should be solid and never broken, any other in-game 20 turns deal breaks should be announced prior to the breaking player's turn by the faulty player. War should be announced before you enter the defender's lands so the defender has a turn to move his defences.
  • No scorched earth tactics to deny capture or make one's life miserable. No razing wonder cities.

• What are scorched earth tactics? Is that pillaging? And what about announcing war? Could you announce that war would be coming if some such condition were not satisifed? (Basically, a demand?)

Scorched earth is a demoralizer where you raze or pillage everything with the sole purpose of denying it to the enemy, usually in a surge of spite or while retreating from an otherwise lost conflict.

As for DoW, demands would make it clear enough, what I wouldn't like is a RoP rape galore.

Edited rules to reflect the civility guideline as efficiently as possible: see point #1.

Any unambiguous method of reporting combat is A-Ok. So long as there is a report.

If the first post is in the order of play, then SW doesn't need my email...he should already have mine :smug:

...and I have Greygamer's email, too.

Play Ball! :banana: :trouble: :yup:

Because it is hard-coded in the game, we (read Killer, he did all the work :thanx: ) were unable to put 10 players in. So it is us 6 and 2 AI's, which will be revealed as the save is passed along.

Alright everyone should have their passwords in their PM box. Hopefully I did not forget anything, but it should be a relatively balanced map with some cosmetic tweaks, such as game date (to let you evolve and stuff over a longer period of time) and the occasional rare surprise. If there are any problems let me know by pm.

onwards to sercer88!

the russian :confused: (never played the buggers, BUGGER!!!)
peoples are confused buut such lavish mountainsides.
what marverlous junk can be garnered from these piles of rock :eek:

gps sercer88

The great tribe of peoples which have just recently begun to call themselves the Mayans revel in the greatness of celebration...for they shall soon form for themselves their first "sit-ee" (what is that? :confused: ) They hold celebration by eating tons and tons of Kauw and Dear meat!!

gps to greygamer

I'd like to thank killercane for setting up the game. I like my starting location, except starting on top of a bonus resource but I can live with that :)
However I noticed it is set at Regent level and I thought this was at Monarch level.
I've cut & pasted the relevant sections from the Civilization III Info Center (though I think this is for Vanilla and some of the values may be different in C3C).
Regent AI Build Rate 100% Barbarian Combat Bonus 200%
Monarch AI Build Rate 90% Barbarian Combat Bonus 100%
On Monarch level, the AI gets 2 free defensive land units and 1 offensive land unit.
Greater chance of getting goodies when you visit a goody hut on lower levels.
Corruption level is higher for higher levels.
Easier diplomatic opponents on lower levels.

With only 2 AI opponents Regent may not have a great effect though it may give an advantage to the player who conquer the AI's first.

GPS Beorn.

Thing is there are 2 places to check in for difficulty when making a map, IIRC one being the actual diff and the other being the displayed diff. Whether this is regent or not though matters very little - tech pace will be slightly faster is all.

In 10 000 BC, Homo Sapiens were starting to feel like watching the grass grow at the same place for a while.

GPS to Mursilis!

Hmm I dont know why that is. I could have sworn I checked the main difficulty and for each player... oh well. If you send me the current save I think I can fix it and add the missing units for the AI.

GPS 2 Blarst

Hattusas Founded... men can reproduce freely. The eldest rules because of the strength of his 8 sons. :)

Top Bottom