Can I Get That Supersized?

Telemental

Chieftain
Using the default map randomizer, I ended up with four major continents arranged in a ring with tenuous land bridges between them. I, playing Egypt (for the religion and industry) [Chieftain- this is my first full game], began at the bottom of the eastern continent.

Honest Abe quickly walled me off, protecting me from the wrath of Russia (who quickly turned everyone against me). I ended up with the American capitol (after which Abe cried uncle) and a few Russian cities.

However, I have just entered the Middle Ages, and have conquered the 1-pop Russian city of Sevastopol, which is in the middle of a few forest squares but seems to be completely unable to grow on its own. I'm saved in 660 AD, and don't particularly want to march a worker all the way up to the northern edge of the continent (mostly because there are Iroquois and Aztecs running about, and Russia seems to be turning the big diplomacy engine). I can't even build a worker in this city. Is there anything I can do to increase basic city size if I can't produce anything? My city is currently set to grow in 20 turns.

Can you add a settler to a city like in SMAC?

Yup. You have a number of options.

- Sue for peace so you can send that unit south.
- Declare war and secure your pathways.
- Escourt your builder with a defensive unit.

ironfang

You can add:

- A worker for one additional pop point
- A settler for two additional pop points.

This does not appear to be limited by city size like it was in Civ2.

Top Bottom