'Can Research' in foreign advisor

LegionSteve

Motörhead
I think this is a bug but I would like someone to confirm that I'm not being stupid before I post it in the bugs forum.

Qin researched Nationalism, surprisingly quickly, he completed versailles and taj mahal in the same turn! I was slightly annoyed because I had the mausoleum, had just spent 3 GP on a golden age, and was over-spending on research to get Nationalism so I could build taj mahal and have 24 consecutive turns of golden age goodness.

But the point is, just before I got Nationalism, Qin built taj mahal and Nationalism appeared in his "won't trade" column in foreign advisor. Then when I got Nationalism it moved from "won't trade" to "can research". He's already researched it - this is a bug, isn't it?

it's kind of a bug because of multiple entries to nationalism. I noticed that appears when a tech can be reached from two techs and that you only have one.

In this case, Nationalism could be reached from Divine right, that you don't posess.

There are a large number of techs which show this bug - showing up in "can research" instead of (or occasionally in addition to) the will/won't/can't trade columns.

Top Bottom