1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we FINALLY build cities on mountains? Also, other Civ4 questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by egaonogenki, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Agraza

Agraza Chieftain

I'm having trouble locating where the developers specify exactly what dimensions mountains are meant to represent. Care to help me out?

2. Skippa

Skippa Noble

Interesting ideas about the mountains and all. Personally I think that being unable to settle on mountains works, though I would like to be able to build a road through one (it would just take a long time or a lot of workers)

As for the city limit. I think that this is ridiculous. 1000 cities would bankrupt you in no time flat, crash your machine and . . . could they even fit with the current 2 space city spacing ? :lol:

3. Coreymas

Coreymas Chieftain

If someone already said this i am sorry but.....

Did anyone point the Original Poster to the Demo so that they could do their own research?

4. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Prince

Well, I can't speak for the developers. But I'm going to go out on a limb and make a crazy speculation- that they meant the terrain in Civ 4 to reflect the real world.

And in the real world is littered with mountains that are completely unsuitable for building cities on, building roads over, and for troops to pass over.