Can You Create Custom Game Notifications?

isau

Deity
Hi all,

Two questions.

Question 1:
Not sure if the wording is right. Is it possible to create custom game notifications, ie the little pop-ups that show up in the right side of the screen to let you know a major event has occurred? I've got some code I'm pretty excited about, the "Biome" system for Quo's Combined Tweaks that adds unique effects to each civ, a lot of them connected to game era, but I'm also having trouble communicating all of it to players. One solution is a pop-up box. A cleaner one might be a game notification of some kind.

Question 2:
Is it possible to create game info screens that do not depend on overwriting existing assets in order to make them display (to add the button you click to see them, for example)? I'd like to add some custom screens to the Combined Tweaks mod, but the issue is avoiding conflicts with mods like CQUI that players use to adjust their interface. Even if the screen only pops-up with a special keyboard button press that would be fine (but not necessarily ideal). I just need to see what the options are.

Thanks!

Top Bottom