1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Cannot build a farm for some reason

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by md4, Feb 18, 2021.

1. md4

md4 Warlord

The Civilopedia states I can build a farm on any grassland or plains, with or without hills. Why can I only build a mine instead?

2. Guynemer

Guynemer King

you can't build farms on hills until later in the tech tree, with Civil Engineering

3. md4

md4 Warlord

Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

4. Guynemer

Guynemer King

No problem! Good luck!

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That also looks like Tundra, not a grasslands or plains tile.

Kjimmet and Noble Zarkon like this.
  6. Banazir864

Banazir864 Warlord

That’s what I thought at first, but if you look at the tile to the right, you can see that the selected tile is grassland (some grassland spills over into the tile to the right in a way that it wouldn’t if the selected tile was tundra). It only looks like tundra because some of the tundra graphics from the bottom left are spilling over.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  7. md4

md4 Warlord

Yes, definitely grassland, and also explains why the 1-tile island couldn't be farmed either, despite being plains. It was also hilly.

8. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

This is why I keep yields on. Makes it a bit easier to tell what's a hill (although it's not foolproof due to natural diasters screwing with yields occaisonally)

9. tzu

tzu Chieftain

Watch your tongue! For years they braved patiently this never ending grumble about hillier hills ... sure, the other players may receive actually recognizable hills, but you'll be the one lisping the rest of your life!