Cannot create missionary

veritas25

Chieftain
I have Shrine and my Holy City is dominated by my own religion but I still cannot create religious unit. I can only buy with faith... Am I missing anything?

so City cannot "build" missionary? but in the production page, it shows 4 turns to complete...but it's not clickable
It shouldn't show missionary there (and it doesn't show for me). You can never build a missionary, only purchase by faith. There's really no way how to allow building of religious units, no special ability of a civ, no policy, no wonder effect, no city-state suzerain bonus, nothing. There are multiple ways how to make it possible to buy by faith stuff that can normally be only built (or purchased by gold), but not the other way around.

It shouldn't show missionary there (and it doesn't show for me). You can never build a missionary, only purchase by faith. There's really no way how to allow building of religious units, no special ability of a civ, no policy, no wonder effect, no city-state suzerain bonus, nothing. There are multiple ways how to make it possible to buy by faith stuff that can normally be only built (or purchased by gold), but not the other way around.
yea, i read civilopedia afterwards and you are right... it does only allow purchase...Maybe the mod is the reason for the confusing menu

@veritas25, are you playing with any mods?
I am using HB city view mod. Seems this is the reason for my confusion... It shows "X turns to complete" for the religious unit but unclickable which makes me think it is a bug or I missed something

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom