Cannot play MP games

Neikius

Chieftain
Now since we tested a bit further, our problem is unlike anything else out there - or at least I couldn't find the same problem.

So at first I thought its a typical OOS, but its not.

Problem starts when we start the game. Players usually get CTD. Then if they rejoin we have a nice OOS, with me (host) having a different number and everyone else the same.

The problem is that we once got a game running - so we thought it is working. But then we tried it again and it didn't work anymore.

I even tried to host a game and others joining later but even that - 2 of the players got stuck on "finishing" - black screen + sounds.

There is no OOS log.

I really don't even know where to start here, but the result is that we can't play FFH...

Oh and about patches - on our first attempt we tried with 0.4 - link to the e version was broken. Then 2 days later we tried with 0.4f. Both to no avail.

We all turned movies off.

Ok after a nice jam session we found out the culprit.

We are able to play when "no unique features" is ticked.

Otherwise its around 5% chance taht the game will work :D 95% that peopel will CTD and later OOS on rejoin.

Well so far so good, until around turn 100.

A friend got CTD and after he tried to rejoin again the fabulous OOS with python error (turned em on).

Attached the python error. Seems OOS file write was denied (any clues about this?)

I couldn't close the window so we just quit the game :S

Attachments

• ffh2-err1.jpg
    ffh2-err1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 117
For what it's worth, my friends and I had the same problem, and the same fix (disable unique features) worked for us. We have not yet encountered the later crash, but who knows what the future may hold!

CTD is unlikely to be caused by MP. Some players probably have issues with the installation, those who crash should double check in SP.

They did, and could play single-player fine both before and after we experienced this issue.

Three of us tried it with instant CTD for the ones not hosting as well. When they reconnected they we had OOS with the host being different. After reading this thread we tried again with "No Unique Features" checked and so far so good (we are on about turn 240-ish).

What I was wondering was wether people were still having problems with the events in FFH causing OOS. We haven't played MP since September or so and we always had to check "no events" otherwise we would be plagued with OOS every few turns. Having just started a new game since then we habitually keep no events turned on just in case.

Thanks for reading :)

We tried the last patch (v iirc) about a week ago and we used "all special features" switch (or was it all unique features?). The thing worked, so I guess this is fixed now.

Top Bottom