Cannot Start MP Game

Jaynestown

Chieftain
My friend and I tried several times to start/join a MP game. Each time, we were both DC'd on the first turn, before planetfall. Each of us continued in our own game, having taken over as host, but with an AI team member.

We tried him hosting the game or myself. It did not appear to make a difference. We also tried reconnecting to the game in progress. This appeared to work once. I saw him join game and I saw the AI replaced with his name. However, it showed him DC immediately after that.

This may or may not be related, but he described a bug to me in one game where he was stuck unable to land his capitol. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a fix?

Is this... really not a tech support issue? I'm describing a situation in which the game is broken for two players. The fact that we were DC consistently and each time under the same circumstances suggested (to me) that this was some kind of bug.

I'm really looking for a technical solution here, not multiplayer advice.

It is our experience that Tech Support is where multiplayer questions go to die. If you want a solution to a multiplayer-specific problem (such as immediate or persistent desynchs and the like) the multiplayer community is far more likely to offer a useful solution.

Well, thanks. I appreciate your trying to steer me in the right direction. Nobody else has been experiencing this same issue I take it (based on the lack of response). Maybe the patch when it comes out will help.

Bump. Still having this disconnect issue.
Civ V has it as well, but at least there I can start a game.
Lost two good starts in Civ V because of this, gave up in frustration. Bad enough MP is silly.

Would modifying the XML files have mattered if I reset them afterwards? I did the verify file integrity thing, will do again.

Yeah, I'd probably clean off any mods you've done and try again. Fresh reinstalls for all players if possible.

Top Bottom