Can't land (no first turn) since patch.

seamus75

Warlord
Since the patch I've been unable to start a new game. Everything loads properly; I choose my civ and all my perks; load screen plays, green arrow lights up; try to click on my landing spot for the first colony and nothing happens. No animation, no city, no game. It seems to register that I've made an attempt because it asks what I'd like to research (though I can't choose anything) and the next turn indicator alights. I'm about 5 minutes from uninstalling and moving on from this trainwreck. Anyone else having/had this issue?

do you have an old Nvidia video card

I've gotten this bug a couple of times since the patch. I have an NVidia card, I'm not sure what qualifies as "old".

is it in the 200's series

Initially I was, but I disabled them and ultimately deleted them while trying to get the game to work. So as of now I have a re-installed game with no foreign mods or DLC.

I've had the same problem. The UI mod, installed as DLC was probably the cause. After deletion from steamapps civbe mod folder, tha game is starting normally. However I've reinstalled also vcredist and directx from civbe steam folder, so I'm not sure about what was the real cure.

If it is really old, the only solution might be to buy a graphics card that meets the minimum specs listed for the game.

If it is really old, the only solution might be to buy a graphics card that meets the minimum specs listed for the game.

His card is more than good enough. He has the 7000 series. I have the 6000 series and play well. Also it's not an Nvidia.:)

EDIT: I see you replied to another person. Sorry, it's getting late.:lol:

Top Bottom