1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't login to multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by caesarbear, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Ronan

Ronan Chieftain

I have the same problem too. Has anyone got a fix for this????

2. crunch

crunch Emperor

I read somewhere here that it is only possible to log in to gamespy if you create your account from within Civ4. Worth trying imho.

3. dudex

dudex Chieftain

Same problem

I enter my gamespy username/password (I tried both one that already existed and one i created in game) click the OK button, the animation in the background pauses for a split second and then nothing. The box with the username/password field just sits there.

I plugged straight through to my cable modem and completly disabled zonealarm but it makes no difference.

4. Ronan

Ronan Chieftain

I got it to connect at last!!

Here's what i did to get it working:

I had the latest patch installed (version 1.61). I wanted to install the older patch (version 1.52) but it wouldnt let me because i had the newer patch already installed. I had to delete the whole game and then re-install it.

Once it was re-installed i updated it with the version 1.52 patch. You have to set up a gamespy id from within civilisation otherwise it doesnt seem to work. Do that and then login, it will then automatically update your version to the 1.61 version but from now on it should work anyway.

Hope this helps