Can't start a game after Spring patch? Anyone else?

PlayAsPericles

Chieftain
I try and start a game using the create a game advanced start with no mods and it just bring same right back to the front screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Kept getting the same problem this morning, trying to start a new game or load a saved game. Disabled the mods in turn to see if it helped and found that disabling the Civ6 improvements patch from Xvavierlol appeared to be causing problems. Game now plays, but keeps hanging for about 30 seconds when I change Civics. Turns appear to be taking longer now as well.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cant-start-a-new-game.613097/

Try disabling DLC civs, as they may be the culprit (for me it was Australia that returned me to the start screen). As for a fix, I don't know of any atm... The 2k Civ VI support forum seems to have only one thread in it(?!); if someone knows the proper channel to inform Firaxis of this issue, be my guest, as I'd sure like to play with the expensive DLC civ that I just purchased...

EDIT: I tried clearing Steam's download cache, as I read somewhere that it might help. No such luck ofc... The issue remains alive and well. -.-

Last edited:
Top Bottom