Carriers vs Battleships, which defends better against planes ?

Skybuck

Prince
In the game World of Warships, carriers have stronger anti air than most battleships.

I wonder if carriers in civilization 1 defend better against fighters and bombers than a battleship.

According to wikipedia both have a defense rating of 12, but maybe the game does something special for carriers, maybe some special defense logic versus planes !

Maybe some statistical try outs, or assembler inspection could shine some light on this.

Defence 12 is defence 12. AFAIK, there are no special rules about carriers hidden under the hood. The AI is, however, in my experience, less likely to attack carriers, especially if they are empty. My theory is that it doesn't view them as a real threat because of their nonexistent attack strength, and at the same time it is hesitant to attack them because of their strong defence.

Ships in cities is a nice way to defend important cities, carriers and battleships have strong defense and battleship can also counter attack land units, even from a city ! ;)

I am not sure if an AI will avoid to attack a city if there is a carrier inside of it ! ;) =D

I think it will though... with tanks and such...

Yeah, if it's in a city and the AI wants to attack it, it probably won't hesitate. I was talking about carriers in the open sea.
Ships in cities can also be useful for conquest. One tactic we used when we were kids was to build a coastal city right next to an enemy city that didn't have sea access and pound it with battleships, which would otherwise not be able to reach it.

Very cool idea/cheat/exploit ! =D

This gives me another idea, build a worm of cities and then attack with battleships only hehe...

Of course, everyone plays differently and sometimes wants to have some fun / get hard play, but it's better to just not let the opponent reach this level of intelligence.
Alternatively, simply destroy the neighboring enemy city from which the bombers are arriving. If you already have battleships it should be relatively easy

Top Bottom