Cavaleiros-Kazakhstan Intelligence Sharing Treaty of 2240 BC - Vote

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
This is a vote deciding if we are to forward the following proposal to Cavaleiros:

Cavaleiros-Kazakhstan Intelligence Sharing Treaty of 2240 BC, "The First CavKaz Treaty"

We are willing to start our information sharing by telling you what the first 3 technologies we researched were, in return for telling us the first 3 technologies you researched. If you agree to this proposal, please state so clearly, and we will provide you the list of our first three technologies as a token of good will. Following this procedure, we can share the rest of our tech tree with each other, in the same sequence as before mentioned.

Furthermore: Are you willing to share information on your non-strategic resources? It may be useful to see what kind of trades may be made available by Sailing.

Are you willing to coordinate with us the researching of religion-techs?

Would you prefer to tech Alphabet first and then trade it with us for another tech, or vice-versa?

Vote Yes or Vote No to this proposal.

I vote no on this. We have no way of knowing if they will tell us the truth abotu what they researched already. We do need to be friendly with them but lets not rush into things.

I vote No as currently worded.

I see you took the "good faith" approach which I agree with, however, I would prefer that we send our first 3 techs in good faith, followed by them sending theirs. We DO NOT mention sharing tech trees. Once we get their 3 techs, we can decide if we think they are being honest/credible. If not then they suck and we should deal with them at arms length.

If they are credible, THEN we ask that they send THEIR TECH TREE to us in good faith, followed by us sending ours. This way we take a risk, but not too much.

Provo, I appreciate that you have a relationship with Oyzar, and I don't want to injure that. I also appreciate you keeping things confidential as you have no "real life" obligation to do so. It seems like he is putting alot of pressure on you... I don't envy the position you are in.

I think we should agree to the researching of techs. This was discussed in a different thread but we go alpha and they go religion.

But I do not think we agree to sharing info on our techs right now - it does not really help us to know what they have researched. Then again - it does not really hurt us either.

I think the concept of building confidence in this game is pretty silly anyway. We both will always do what is in our interests. No matter how "friendly" we get if we see a undefended city we will burn it just as they would do to us.

I vote No, this has too much stuff in it. We should take baby steps, one piece at a time. We will be contacting another civ soon with our workboat and we will be able to deal with them too.

Can we not use this thread and stick to the embassy thread? It's getting difficult to follow the discussion.

They probably know what techs we have anyway so we aren't giving much away.

I've made my latest suggestion in the other thread. And yes, we will make contact in hopefully a few turns.

Its ok, this is obsolete anyways.
How? What happened?

I would have voted No to this proposal. As written, it needs some filler and fluff.

Top Bottom