Cepha Map

temurleng

Another Dumb Message
Well, folks, this is the map for my biggest scenario, as it now stands. Feel free to comment on the graphics choices or how the map plays. Hopefully, you'll find it as entertaining as I have while testing it.

Attachments

• MapPost1.zip
    103.9 KB · Views: 80
Figured maybe somebody'd like a screenshot before trying to put in the graphics...

Attachments

• Cepha- Screenshot1.bmp
    481.5 KB · Views: 196
kobayashi said:
sort of looks like the Millenium04 terrain, or did i mean bebro's Subwar
Indeed. And the map is an inverted map of the world. Could make an interesting "colonisation of the seas" scenario, where the major world powers starts to colonise and harvest the riches of the seas. :crazyeye:

@Kobayashi: I did borrow (and give credit for) a number of graphics from BeBro's SubWar (it's the only good set of underwater graphics I've seen). However, Mill004 wasn't nearly as helpful graphics-wise. I borrowed graphics liberally from other sources, sometimes editing them, sometimes taking them straight.

@Arthedain: That's exactly what I was thinking. And, since water covers about 75% of the Earth's surface, there's an awful lot of places to build cities... Additionally, the layout of the terrain has created some interesting games.

@PrinceScamp: If you could, Prince, please elaborate on why "the textures don't blend".

Well, the gods hate you my son.
Er.... um.. WHY? Do I tihnk of those things when I am writing a reply??????!!!!
OK, to answer my, er, yopur questiong. WEll, there is sand that just drops off into a underwater cliff, It's like.. putting lava on a wooden table and it isn't burning. It seems like there is a SOLID LINE bewtween terrains, it goes light blue into dark blue. I feel the colours need to blend around the edges more. DOes that make sense? Like, just take the sides from a sandbox and let the grass and sane mix.

Terrian tile contrast: you have to play with the dithering (bottom left of Terrain1.gif) for that--not that you can do a lot about it though.

I wouldn't feel too bad; there is only so much you can do.

Top Bottom