Cesear and Isabella getson my nerves

there are enough aggresive/psycho AIs that you should end up with at least one wacko in every game. On top of the ones mentioned (tokugawa, alexander, caesar, isabella, monty), both Genghis and Huana seem to have it out for me too. I don't turn my back on any of them. Maybe I just got an exceptionally hostile copy of the game...

chewbaccad said:
Maybe I just got an exceptionally hostile copy of the game...

LOL :lol:

Oggums said:
If you think Isabella and Ceasar are bad, you should see Alexandar. He's truly insane.

Gotta agree Alexander is the worst for random invasions, in fact they are so random and regular they have actually become an expected part of each game. Isabella is just a frickin pain in the ass, she's never happy, typical bloody woman... only way to shut her up is just agree with whatever she says. :p

I have never had any serious probs with isabella, infact i think everytime i have had a war with her its when i have declared. My main problems are with Alexander!! The turd...

Sadan01 said:
Exactly MRM. Sharing the same religion with Isabella is probably one of the only ways to appease her. If you are able to build the U.N. later, make everyone adopt free religion to screw her. Else your other choice is to build... Build Big... military that is and kick her arse and take her out of the game.

I've found the A.I that would fit the term "pain-in-the-arse" best would have to be Alexander. He is a psychotic b@stard that doesnt give a damn about relations whatsoever. I mean, look at the way Alexander is when you talk to him. His eyes are constantly looking everywhere, he leans in towards you... These are the makings of a complete psychopath that will stop at nothing to tear you apart. I havent had a game where I havent been at war with Alexander at least once.

Lol, yes, definitely. It fits Alexander though, as he is commonly believed to be have been psychotic or suffered from obsessive-complusion disorder; that, and he, like many great leaders, was nervous and cautious of his allies. I usually start next to Alexander when I play Rome. So usually when he tries to act pompous and aggressive with me, he and his Phalangites find themselves crushed by my legions.

Rome is one of my favorite civs to play, so I don't have to deal with Caesar too often. When I do, however, he's usually pretty reasonable with me, mainly because I team up with him and split another civ's territory. If they're too strong to tackle at your current state, try getting them to work for you.

Edit: Oh, and Saladin annoys me. Everytime I take the religious route, something manages to crawl up Saladin's butt.

I can't say that Isabella or Montezuma are that nasty. To me the worse is... well me! I'm the psycho who attacks for no "apparent" reason.

I often start with Washington and/or Hatshepsut as neighbours, develop the same religion, a little trade, all-around good relations and then BAM! I'll wipe out Hatty (2 games out of three now) and as soon as I can afford it, I hit Washington.

I rarely wait around long enough for someone to attack me... You KNOW they were thinking about it, I just beat them to the punch!

Actually, I thought isabella is one of the most pathetic civ in the game. I usually crush her with little to no difficulty. I'm on noble level. As for casear, I never reallly had problem with him though. Only civ thats' kinda dangerious is montezuma. The guy is one mean bastard.

Can't understand the AI? Join them..
Play as Genghis Khan, keshik rush in first 50 or 100 turns. Eliminate 4 civs on huge pangea maps before 1000 AD.
By then, you usually a tech or two behind the civs. Can't catch up? Declare wars and raze their cities.
By 1500, the maps is mostly void and full of barbarians...

Seems odd, because in none of my games have Caesar or Isabella ever went to war with me. In the games where I have seen Caesar, he has been a minor player in world affairs. Isabella always seems to be a major player, but relations with her varied. In one game as the English, she was a real Ice Queen. We never went to war, but she was hanging on to Judaism and I to Christianity. I finally signed an open borders agreement with her and immediately loaded up missionaries on caravels to start converting her cities, only to have her declare Theocracy before my missionaries could get there. Doh.

In another game as the Arabs, I was put on a continent with me in the south, the Aztecs north of me, Isabella N/NE of them, and the Mongols E/SE of Isabella. We were all under Judaism and had good relations, then Montezuma attacked me. I had great relations with Isabella though, in fact, she was the closest thing I had to an ally. So close, that I even declared war on the Mongols just to help her out when Genghis attacked her. After I founded Islam and converted, she still kept good relations with me.

The biggest jerk I've seen so far though is Napoleon. Any game I am in with him, I always end up at war...

Top Bottom