[GS] Changing a game's speed.

Hormagaunt

Warlord
I just started a new game (saved it on Turn 1). I really want to play this one but I messed up and set the speed wrong. Is there any way to change a game's speed, via in-game or via an external editor?

Open it in multiplayer and find the seed then set it back up with same settings except for speed, I had to do that ascwas this week and it worked fine.

Thanks for this tip! I never knew this could be done either, and I have had a similar situation as OP before.

It worked, thanks. The only thing I did have to do was remember to turn off all of the workshop add-ons that went active since I made that starting save.

Oh, and for those who don't know, you need to take the Single-player game you saved and copy it into the Multi-player directory. Otherwise you'll have a harder time loading it.

You don't need to load it into MP. You can get the seeds just by hovering over the version number at the bottom of the SP "pause" screen:
Spoiler :

upload_2019-3-4_11-29-1.png

Makes this a little easier!

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-4_11-28-13.png
    upload_2019-3-4_11-28-13.png
    4 MB · Views: 147
I just started a new game (saved it on Turn 1). I really want to play this one but I messed up and set the speed wrong. Is there any way to change a game's speed, via in-game or via an external editor?

Normally yes, its easy, but the mods aren't updated atm.

There are some mods called tech x5, civic x5, or x2, or whatever floats your boat. You can enable/disable as you will before loading, and the research speeds will be impacted. Its handy when you want some civs to catch up with techs.

But, I just played with them, and at least with the newer 4-7x version, it allows future techs to be researched early. Maybe the original x's, which are static, do not. Try them, even though they say incompatible - they actually might still work.

Top Bottom