Changing Seaplot Yields with Civics

hamtastic

Hamburglar
I'd like to add food to seaplot yields with a civic. Unless I'm missing something easy, there is no option in the Civics to do that.

I tried to use the existing improvement yields to change it by adding two to IMPROVEMENT_WATER_WORKED, but that didn't work. :crazyeye:

Then I added in all the necessary code for seaplotyieldchange (from lighthouse building for example) to the appropriate files. I get no XML errors, but I also get no effect. I'm willing to try to muddle through the Python for this (which I'm assuming is necessary), but I don't even know which file to start at. I assume it would be relatively simple (copying the code for the lighthouse yield changes, e.g., and moving it into a civic section).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either do the python or to do this a different way? Thanks in advance. :)

You are aware that all the changes have to be made in SDK in order for a new or amended tag to work? If not then don't feel bad-as it took me over a month before I figured it out.
What you probably want to do is go into the part of the SDK which deals with CivicInfos and add a TerrainYieldBonus tag there. Once that is done, of course, you will need to modify CvPlayer and CvPlot. Its gonna take some work but it is doable.

Aussie_Lurker.

Hey Aussie,

Thanks for the info. I was worried it might be something like that. In that case, it's not worth it... I can do something else instead. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but I've got a few ideas. I could just do a % food modifier bonus or something instead...

Appreciate the response tho. :)

Well, if you're not in any hurry to get it, I could try and whip something up for you. Might be a week or so until you get it though ;).

Aussie_Lurker.

@Aussie: Well, yes, that would be great, and it's very nice of you to offer. I'm in no hurry particularly, since there are still plenty of other parts of the mod to be worked on. I noticed your Phase 3 civicinfos as well: a very useful addition which I think I'd also like to use. It is kind of surprising that some of those weren't originally included.

Top Bottom