[PYTHON] Changing the unit-upgrade system - pls help

Bafragor

Chieftain
Hello everybody,

I am new registered at this forum, but I am knowing and using it for a long time, now. :thumbsup:

I'll get to the point in a moment:
I want to change the intern upgrade system for units.

For example: I can train a warrior and then get bronzeworking + copper. Now, I can train Axemen, but the warrior is not disappearing, until the spearman is developed.

For my mod, I need to get the immediate disappearance of the obslote unit, when only one of the upgradable units is possible to build. But it is not the solution, to clear up the upgradebles^^

Could anybody help me out, doing the python stuff? I mean, i quite did many little things for my mod, but I am not able to write pyhton changes. Sorry, for disturbing and asking. But without help, I would not get it and would become sad, because I love civ4-stuff :)

To explain, why I need that:
I want to implement religious settlers. I allready have them, but the old vanilla settler does not disappear, until I get all the upgradeble units. A religious settler should only become available, if the player or AI has got the religion as state religion. Until that, the vanilla settler should be the one for building. I only want to have different outfits under state religion conditions.

Pleeeeeaaase, help :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
1) I think it will require not python but dll modding, which is even harder.

2) If you want to use that system only for religious settlers, maybe it would be easier to set up "train conditions" where where the normal settlers can be trained if the city has no state religion, while the others with their respective state religion.

Hey, that sounds great... so it could be possibly to get it^^ :)

Is anybody interested in doing this for me? I mean if it´s done, every modder here who wants to use the change could use it, of course...

If I can help in another way, I will do so as well. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom