[Civ2] Changing what each Civ is currently researching

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Hi guys,

As part of my work on remastering Wonx's C&C scenario for MGE and overhauling his original tech structure I want to set each faction to be researching a particular custom tech I've setup. This is a massive scenario with lots of cities and units running around so I don't want to have to end a turn just to tell a Civ to research what I want them to research and that wouldn't be good enough anyway as it would only help the Civ I'm in control of when I hit end of turn.

In the build cheat and scenario editing MGE menus I can clear what a Civ is currently researching to nothing which is good, but not select a replacement tech. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it without ending the turn which I don't want to do. Am I missing an option somewhere?

If not is there an editor or hacking guide out there that tells you how to change what a Civ is currently researching?

The good old CivTweak and CivCity editors pretty much allow you to change almost everything the in-game built in editors can't yet sadly even they don't include tech changing options for each Civ in the game however maybe there's another editor out there that does?

@Knighttime @Civinator @Prof. Garfield

Not at the pc but there is a "set research goal" in there somewhere (maybe under edit king). This may require you to set the human civ to that tribe for it to "set." This shouldn't require you to end the turn.

Top Bottom