Character Stats - Registry and Rules

CivGeneral walks into Shabbaman's office, CivGeneral holds in his hand the document:
Originally posted by Shabbaman
Since there already have been elections for the next term, I guess the next term will start pretty soon. Remember to post your preferences for the termly (thank you shaitan!) upgrade: you can upgrade 2 (different) main skills to the next full point (so it's not that clever to upgrade from 3.9 to 4.0...)

Post them here before it's too late...

P.S. I got the preferences of Donovan, Grandmaster, Gunning, Padma, Plexus, 'Snow', Veera Anlai and myself. That means that there are about 18 characters that will not receive an upgrade.
P.P.S. Can't we make a deal? I guess those who don't upgrade don't read this either, so we could just as well redistribute their accounts to those who do upgrade:D

Please add my new Termly Skill points to Powders and Warfare, thanks :). I just hope I cane in just in time.

Here are mine;

+1 horsemanship
+1 powders

+2 speed
+3 rifle

Originally posted by Shabbaman
cannonry: charges+engineering
rifles: rifles
pistols: pistols

Are there any other contests?

rifles contest= powders+rifles
pistols contest= powders+pistols
cannonry= engineering+charges (round up warfare+engineering+powders+charges/2 (the same as for brawl, for example)

mine placement=charges+tactics

More?

EDIT:

Something with strategy? Artillery placement?

I've applied the termly upgrades btw. Todays training will work with those skills.

I've posted the new character stats with the termly upgrade plus the results for todays turn chat training. Also, I've posted the competition scores, for those who are interested how they'd fare in a competition (iow the working stats for their character) here!

Strategy is high level overview. What troops to put in what area, how to supply them, what mix of weaponry to send, which battles MUST be won, the overall war campaign, etc. Tactics is deploying and using the assets in a particular battle or battles, when to retreat, when to advance, what to build or blow up to complete the strategic goals, etc. Strategy feeds into tactics.

For an example, look at the recent adventures of (newly promoted) General Snow. He is a master tactician but a poor strategist. The strategy he formed was to save Naerva from American agression and then eliminate the thread from House Denver. Bad strategy. He tactically outplayed the Americans at Naerva and broke their army. If he had stayed at Naerva he would have had a stragic victory as he could easily have held the city. Instead, he proceeded with his strategic plan and rushed to Denver. This allowed the American army to reform and threated Naerva again. In Denver he again won a tactical victory at first. If he had simply torched the city and returned to Vanir the assault would have been a great success. Instead he held to his strategic plan of caturing/eliminating House Denver. If Prince Grandmaster had not taken a gamble and moved to Naerva both of Snow's tactical victories would have been drowned in an overall strategic loss.

Sorry about the wait, but I'd be glad to become the new Horses teacher :)

Powders and Warfare

Suggestion - Might be time to reorganize the skills a bit. We're industrialized now and ancient forms of warfare are fading quickly.

Question - What's that new avatar? Space Ghost's evil twin? ;)

:lol:

Actually, it's my OLD avatar (but I finally managed to get it transparent), so I'd think it's time to bring it back. It's some fraternity lore, it represents the executioner of our protective saint...

That's just in time. I'll update the list today, so for the rest, bad luck:

YOU HAVE JUST RECEIVED AN UPGRADE OF YOUR HUSBANDRY SKILL!

:rotfl:

I forget.... How many points do you get for termly upgrades?

2. You have to put them in different main skills, not in subskills. If you don't they're applied to the lowest main skill.

Termly upgrades - Defense and Hunting.

Top Bottom