Character Stats - Registry and Rules

Originally posted by Shaitan
Cannon: POWDERS:Charges + WARFARE:Artillery

Rifle and pistol shooting would be straight POWDERS:Rifle and POWDERS:pistol.

Hunting can now be tied to either WEAPONRY:Ranged or POWDERS:Rifle

You mean warfare: engineering I assume?

That sounds good:

Cannonry (or better: non-mechanical artillery):
charges+engineering

I think rifle and pistol shooting is connected to weaponry: ranged btw.

So, I propose

Rifle shooting:
rifle+ranged

POWDERS: 2
Rifle: 2
Pistol: 2
Charges: 1

And if I can, WARFARE+1 HORSEMANSHIP+1.

I disagree Shabbaman. The principles between firing a Bow/Crossbow and a Firearm are inherently different, and knowledge in one skill shouldn't be affected by knowledge in the other. A policeman today won't have his skill in guns increased by knowing how to shoot a bow and arrow, and vice versa.

Erm, also, about the two points for this month, I'll take those in Powders and Horsemanship

You are correct again, Sir Shabba. Weaponry and Powders it is. But I say, where will you find a shrubbery? And will it be a nice one, not too tall? If not, then I shall be forced to say "NI!"

Veera is quite correct. The problem is the WEAPONRY:Ranged skill. It should really have been broken down further into Direct and Indirect fire. Bows use indirect fire at all but the absolute closest ranges. Firearms use direct fire. They are distant cousins but kissing one is nothing like kissing the other one.

Since Ranged has primarily been used for archery, I'd recommend against tying that to firearms.

Originally posted by Shaitan
They are distant cousins but kissing one is nothing like kissing the other one.

Interesting example, Shai....

But I must agree with you. Being able to shoot a bow has no bearing on being able to fire a pistol.

My new stats:

POWDERS: 2
Rifle: 0
Pistol: 5
Charged: 0

I'll take termlies in HORSEMANSHIP and POWDERS

I'd also be glad to teach the Pistol class, if you'd like.

Well, sir Grandmaster, since you decided to change your preferences, I see no need for a shrubbery.

Fortunately.

Allrighty:

cannonry: charges+engineering
rifles: rifles
pistols: pistols

Are there any other contests?

Just a question, Shabba. If I am forced to "kill off" this Captain Snow character created by Shaitan, will he be removed from the Character roster?

The term for the new distribution of skill points is closed! I'll post the new stats asap! Note, that termly upgrades are applied at the beginning of the next term (which is to say: not now)

EDIT:

You can find the updated stats here

Jdd stated in the Academy thread that characters should be able to attend 10 classes instead of 8. The reason he brings up, is that there are a lot more classes to attend to nowadays.

I oppose this. I have two reasons for that:

1. A 'real life' thing: If we were able to attend 8 classes in the past, we would have spent a certain amount of time at that occupation. Now, and in the future, we have the same amount of time to spent. Classes take as much time as they did in the past, therefore, it would be realistic that we would still take the same amount of teaching.
2. Diversification: If you can take 'only' 8 classes, this forces characters to choose their skills carefully. This is (imho) more fun than characters with all the same stats. Also, if a character wants to take all classes, he/she can change classes.

Please add my new Termly Skill points to Horsemanship and Weaponry. Thank you.

Top Bottom