Checking relations while being asked to goto war.

dbconfession

Chieftain
Is there a way to review international relationships while in the screen where a country is asking if you will declare war on another country with them? This has been a big pain in the butt for me since Civ 5 came out. I can never check to see if I have any open trades with the country they want to goto war with, and I can never see if going to war with them will piss anyone else off. Thanks.

I would like to check on things in any discussion with another leader, but, at the moment, afaik, it's not possible...

Hopefully that will change at some time in the future!

Is there a way to review international relationships while in the screen where a country is asking if you will declare war on another country with them? This has been a big pain in the butt for me since Civ 5 came out. I can never check to see if I have any open trades with the country they want to goto war with, and I can never see if going to war with them will piss anyone else off. Thanks.

Absolutely agree. This very morning, was massing Units on Sejong's borders for an assault, and it was ONLY because I had (thanks to experience) consciously:

1. allowed every trade, Open Borders, DoF, everything to expire beforehand, and
2. made sure that I denounced him, and made sure he had no Defensive Pact treaties

that I did this, knowing that when he demanded to know if I intended war, I wouldn't be able to double-check any of this diplomacy info. (He did exactly that, and I DoW'd him.)

In short, it is simply an annoying lack of info during a crucially important screen.

Grr. :mad:

The need to be able to leave the diplomacy screen and review the status of the game is so painfully obvious to anyone who plays this game for any amount of time that I have to believe the refusal to add it is a "feature."

Maybe it is meant to encourage you to always be aware of current diplomatic situations... but that's tedious.

At the very least, when a leader wants to talk to you, it should be a regular notice that you click on to engage in diplomacy, that way you can look around a bit before starting the chat.

Info Addict is your best friend then. Just get the mod and your worries will be over.

And inexcusable mistake though. The game has been out for almost 2 years, an expansion even came out and they still haven't added something as simple as this? Very disappointing.

Info Addict is your best friend then. Just get the mod and your worries will be over.

And inexcusable mistake though. The game has been out for almost 2 years, an expansion even came out and they still haven't added something as simple as this? Very disappointing.

Have they made it yet where Mac players who purchased through steam can apply the same mods as windows side players? If not, it looks like I'll have to start playing on my Bootcamp partition with Windows.

I know there was a way around this problem in Civ IV. But I think in Civ V, if you press F4 (the hotkey for diplomacy) while in a diplomacy negotiation, it acts as denying whatever request was being made of you before bringing you to the diplomacy screen.

Andulas. Is Info Addict available if I've installed Gods and Kings, or nobody has created that update yet?

Have they made it yet where Mac players who purchased through steam can apply the same mods as windows side players? If not, it looks like I'll have to start playing on my Bootcamp partition with Windows.

I know there was a way around this problem in Civ IV. But I think in Civ V, if you press F4 (the hotkey for diplomacy) while in a diplomacy negotiation, it acts as denying whatever request was being made of you before bringing you to the diplomacy screen.
No idea, I have never owned a Mac in my life, so I can't comment on that. :mischief:
Andulas. Is Info Addict available if I've installed Gods and Kings, or nobody has created that update yet?
It's available, but buggy, some parts of the UI stop working. The creator of the mod is currently working on an update. He had some PC problems, but 2 days ago he said he's back online and hard at work, so it'll be online probably pretty soon.

No idea, I have never owned a Mac in my life, so I can't comment on that. :mischief:

It's available, but buggy, some parts of the UI stop working. The creator of the mod is currently working on an update. He had some PC problems, but 2 days ago he said he's back online and hard at work, so it'll be online probably pretty soon.

Yeah I just read this myself. Thanks. Either way I'd like to get a head start on figuring out how to install mods on osx. Can someone link me to instructions on how to do so? The only thread I found had a reference to instructions, but the link isn't clickable (I'm guessing because the thread has been archived).

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom