[R&F] City Belongs to Scythia and Loyalty will not change?

Cacimbinhas

Chieftain
I was in the Modern\Atomic era time of a Domination game (Immortal, Standard Map and speed). My Navy had taken 4 coastal cities from Netherlands and when I hovered over the loyalty icon to check how many turns before rebellion for each of them, I saw this "City belongs to Scythia and loyalty wont change". First time I ever saw this, my land units were mopping up the non coastal cities and were subject to the usual 3-20 turns before rebellion when I took them.

Maybe its something I have missed (after 700 hrs), but I never saw this message on loyalty before.

Can anyone cast any light on this? Is this a new dynamic of naval warfare?

Wish I had taken screenshots, but was midnight and Netherlands was the final Civ to fall, and I just wanted it done.

No, From what I remember Im pretty sure I had the SoL in production on my home continent at the time. But would SoL cause 4 neighboring cities to display the same loyalty message? Maybe I lost the production of the SoL, had so many cities by that stage

Uh, got some screenshots?

City belongs to Scythia and loyalty wont change".
No I have not seen it but does sound SoL bound, 6 tiles across water can seem a long way.
Taking 4 coastal cities near each other can ensure they do not rebel but does not produce the message.
The only other area I can think of is if the cities had flipped a few times they could have built up a lot of what I call Flipping Loyalty... the loyalty per civ they accumulate when in a free state. I have seen an free ex Egyptian city with 300 flipping loyalty in their flavour which was a bit annoying.... but never saw a message anything like that... and the loyalty in that case would likely be the Netherlands.
No screenshot or save just mean guesswork

Thanks for the responses. Sadly it was the tail end of the game, only needed to grab their capital after that to win the game and just wanted it done. Should have screenshot it.

I am almost certain that I have seen that message specifically for the SoL.

Isn't there an admiral or a general that do the same thing when retired (vague memory)?

There are some that give a big loyalty bonus, but I've only ever seen the loyalty won't change message for the Statue of Liberty. If there's some other mechanic that gives that message I haven't seen it.

I think I know what this is... That city is the target of an emergency.
New patch makes it such that you cannot win an emergency simply by waiting for the city to rebel. All emergency targets receive +20 loyalty in the 'other effects' column as Ive noticed.

Ok, that could explain the 4th city. I was at war on 2 fronts and an emergency was called. The SoL gives loyalty effect up to 6 tiles, which would explain the 3 with loyalty, the emergency city would have given the 4th city.

Top Bottom