• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

City Graphics: FF7 Ancients

Hikaro Takayama said:
@Neomega: The screenshot I posted is where you first arrive in the city location. The center of the mass of coral structures is where the underground palace is located (the place where Sephiroth kills Aeris. :( That bastard, Why did he have to kill the charachter with the most awsome limit break in the entire F**KING GAME :aargh: ).

I remember, I visited it often just to hear the haunting melody.

Neomega said:
I remember, I visited it often just to hear the haunting melody.

I also stopped at the Ancient city, and although the music is rather haunting, my main reasons for visiting were either grabbing a nap at the house with the beds after beating up valakordos for carob nuts/elixers, or running the local monsters by morphing malldancers into hi-potions, stealing/morphing boundfats into dazers, stealing water rings from acrophies, and hauling my "swag" back to town to sell (except the x-potions and elixers I needed those for my forrays into the northern crater:D).

unscratchedfoot said:
What are those supposed to be? A dirty iceberg or something?
it's meant to be final fantasy 7 ancient style city graphics, i thought that much was clear since a thread titled "city graphics: ff7 ancients" was posted, but hey, why offer constructive criticism when we can just poke fun eh?

as for the thread starter ,i think the graphics could just use a little smoothing around the edges, along with more distinct borders between each of the coral structures. at the minute it reminds me of trees more than mushroom shapes, so a bit more rounded at the edges, with a bit more detail between each mushroom shape would look a bit better imo, but i'm clueless as to how hard that is since making graphics is too much like hard work for me, i'll leave it to you professionals ;)

Top Bottom