"City has grown" warnings

Romanichine

Samurai
The game notifies the player that a city has grown until it reaches a population of 6, by default anyway. Is there a way to change it so that we always get a warning, no matter the size?

A config file, a mod, anything?

It's a bother to check my cities every turn to move the new citizens to a better tile (e.g. Production focus to get extra hammers when a city grow).

Maybe I should just stop using Production Focus for larger cities... :undecide:

I don't know about a mod or a setting like that, although at times I also wish for it myself.

But you don't need to check every turn if your cities have grown: just check when the next growth happens (small green number).

(temporary solution until somebody with better knowledge comes along)

The only way to do this that I know of is a MOD. Whoward has a UI - Notification Options MOD that not only shows city growth past 6 pop but also gives you a notification every time you have a border expansion so you can immediately check that tile out. There are some additional options and features as well.

It is amazing how much something that seems relatively minor makes the game so much more enjoyable to play. It is extremely useful and makes me feel like I am not missing anything going on with my cities etc.

Now ... if I could just be able to keep track of my games with a local HOF or something when using a MOD.

http://www.picknmixmods.com/main/home/home.html

But you don't need to check every turn if your cities have grown: just check when the next growth happens (small green number).
Hmm, yeah, it's definitely an improvement over my current method, and the Economic Overview does show the growth numbers of all cities, which helps a lot. Thanks for the tip!

The only way to do this that I know of is a MOD. Whoward has a UI - Notification Options MOD that not only shows city growth past 6 pop but also gives you a notification every time you have a border expansion so you can immediately check that tile out. There are some additional options and features as well.
Looks like n impressive mod with a lot of options, and definitely one for city growth notifications. Thanks for mentioning it! I'll give it a try (if I hopefully get around to use a mod despite not being able to complete achievements... )

Although I never use this feature myself . I have been playing Civ for years but I have so much fun sometimes I skip things or just do them manually . But this feature is very helpful and I will use it more . Because citizen allocation could mean the difference between losing a city to invasion or a wonder build etc .
But I believe in the city screen although not perfect you can tell the computer to focus on growth , production , or gold . Again not perfect but will leave the need to be so hands on less important .

Top Bottom