[NFP] City State still listed despite being taken

SirWill90

Warlord
*Edit: No mods being used. This is just NFP latest patch with the new barbarians-to-CS option checked.*

I took Yerevan a few turns after it transitioned to city-state from barbarian camp.

Afterwards, there was still one Yerevan warrior alive, and when I looked at the city-state list, Yerevan was still listed, with me still at war.

Having now killled the warrior, their last unit as far as I know but perhaps not, Yerevan is still listed as existing and at war with me.

I have never seen this before... feature or bug? If feature... why is it only now doing this? I have taken many city-states in other games since the last patch without having had this happen.

Thanks for any illumination on this matter, heh

Attachments

• Yerevanhmm.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Is it possible Yerevan captured a settler at some point that is now hiding? Otherwise, I dunno.

Is it possible Yerevan captured a settler at some point that is now hiding? Otherwise, I dunno.

Certainly possible although after a lot of turns, more than 100 (sorry not able to check rn) I haven't seen that settler. Also it is still possible to send envoys to Yerevan.

I tried to make peace with them, to scout a bit the mountains, but I dunno.

For me it's a bug: guilty until proven otherwise. :D

upload_2021-3-23_23-51-21.png

Last edited:
This seems to be a "it's not a bug, it's a feature" white border Barbarian evolved City-State issue. If You would reload a game before conquering said CS, so it would regain it's usual border colour, this would not happen.
Same issue as when using Stamford Raffles on white bordered CS.

This seems to be a "it's not a bug, it's a feature" white border Barbarian evolved City-State issue. If You would reload a game before conquering said CS, so it would regain it's usual border colour, this would not happen.
Same issue as when using Stamford Raffles on white bordered CS.
Idk, I declared war normally and don't remember it having white borders at the time. In the screen shot above the city is part of my empire and has white borders. Guess I am not understanding what you're saying. Not able to log on to the game rn either unfortunately.

Reactions: PiR
When Barbarian Tribe evolves into City-State, it's borders are white, not the colour of that CS type (so blue for science type like Bologna, for Yerevan it's tricky because it's a Faith type CS so it might be only a subtle difference).

Upon conquering or absorbing white bordered CS, it will still remain in the list, and You still be able to gain it's bonuses, despite being within Your empire.

When You reload the game, border colour of said CS will change for a proper type, but You have to do this before CS changes it's owner. (again, this only applies to CS evolved from Barbarian Tribes)

When Barbarian Tribe evolves into City-State, it's borders are white, not the colour of that CS type (so blue for science type like Bologna, for Yerevan it's tricky because it's a Faith type CS so it might be only a subtle difference).

Upon conquering or absorbing white bordered CS, it will still remain in the list, and You still be able to gain it's bonuses, despite being within Your empire.

When You reload the game, border colour of said CS will change for a proper type, but You have to do this before CS changes it's owner. (again, this only applies to CS evolved from Barbarian Tribes)
Ok thanks for the explanation! Sounds like this needs to be changed if it is a feature.

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom