Civ 3 Remastered?

B-29_Bomber

Warlord
Remasters seem to be a bit of a trend... So... would there be an interest in a Civ 3 Remaster (from Firaxis or otherwise)?

It would introduce (but not limited to):

• improved graphics (obviously, this is the white noise of remasters)
  • Increased number of civilizations. Perhaps introduce civs from later games to Civ 3?
  • Bug and balance fixing.
  • Increased max number of civs on a map (from 31) For modding purposes.
  • Increased max map size from 362X362. For modding purposes.
  • Increased max number of cities. For modding purposes.
  • An improved Editor. For modding purposes.

B-29_Bomber, of course this is sounding interesting. :)

At present the most advanced C3C editor is the Quintillus editor. How would you try to achieve the topics listed in your post above, especially increasing the max number of civs on the map and increasing the max number of cities (for the last one there exists a so called NCL patch that is not working correctly due to memory problems) ?

B-29_Bomber, of course this is sounding interesting. :)

At present the most advanced C3C editor is the Quintillus editor. How would you try to achieve the topics listed in your post above, especially increasing the max number of civs on the map and increasing the max number of cities (for the last one there exists a so called NCL patch that is not working correctly due to memory problems) ?

Bugger if I know, I'm not a game developer.:hammer2: I would presume Firaxis would be able to accomplish it... if they ever deigned to release a Civ3 remaster that is.

However, if I had to guess on the "memory problems" involves running out of memory because the game is 32-bit and Windows limits 32-bit games to a max of 2GBs of RAM. You actually do see this quite a bit with games that are 32-bit (i.e. most games) people tend to mod. For instance Minecraft is a great example. There are work arounds of course (dunno what they are), but the obvious solution for a remaster is for Firaxis to make it a 64-bit game instead of a 32-bit one.

And I'm quite interested in this other editor, I'll give it a try.

With the small effort to make the developers internal editor somewhat cleaned up (but not too much, dedicated players deserve to feel cool) and open up the games variables publicly in check/radio box form and sliders instead of text, you can make the community do 50% of the work for you, the last bit, perfecting the gameplay.

While having a lot of fun of course, but the way I see it, Firaxis owes us half of their income from the game. Or a remake. Or a job :) I'd like a remake.

The first thing I would put on my list, is micromanagement. Large empires is what's fun, but when I'm done adjusting every one of my cities to go even on food and shields, I've forgotten what I'm doing or why I'm playing the game.

I'd like to be able to tell the governor to prioritize growing and keep producing archers until he's at population 6, then give me a call. But he can't even spot that 4 food is being wasted every second turn.

Top Bottom