Civ 4 Theme Song for Main Menu

Magc8Ball

Chieftain
There are only one or two things I miss from Civ 4... and one of those is the theme music from the original release of Civ 4! So I replaced the boring main menu music in Civ V with the Civ 4 theme!

This was really a very simple thing to do: converted the MP3 of the Civ 4 song to .WAV, backed up the Civ V one, copied the Civ4 to the Civ5 music folder and renamed it. Simple!

As it stands, though, it's a 34 MB file, so be warned. :) WAV files don't compress well.

Your installation instructions:
1. Download the .zip from here.
1a. Made a 22MB .rar version
2. In x:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music , rename OpeningMenu_Proto_1.wav to something else (I just changed the extension to .BAK).
3. Extract the .wav from the .zip into the same folder.
4. Launch Civ 5 and enjoy the Baba Yay Main Menu Music!

add a 'p' to /filedum/ in the URL and it will work: /filedump/

and thank you very much for this! hearing that song always gets me in the mood to play

Hooray!

Gonna rock this one for sure. Thanks

wooo, googled it and this came up, thanks so much, Civ 4 theme is one of the best pieces of music ever put into a game.

Any more music mods? because the music in civ V is still great, but hardly ever plays, is there a way to make it play more during a long game?

Top Bottom