Civ 5 world builder problem

Republican

Chieftain
Hi, I had to create a civfanatics user just to find out an answer to my question I've been having for a while now. So, I'm building a map (earth map base) in Civ 5 sdk world Builder.
It's a Imperialism-Modern era scenario i created for myself.

naturally, I want it to go slow and be realistic so i set the turn timer for marathon. (the set year is 1740, world age 4 billion years). But when I play, the game goes in 15 year increments! and I get to 1820 in like 5 turns! That's too fast to play the american revolution, war in india, war of 1812, war of empires, english expansion,etc!

Please give me help on how to go in much slower increments (1-4 years would be nice :).

Moderator Action: Moved to the modding section.

To answer your question you may have to do a bit of XML modding to get the desired effect. If you create a mod for your scenario you can add an XML file with the following code to adjust the game speed:

Code:
<GameSpeed_Turns>
	<Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_MARATHON" />
	<Row>
		<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</GameSpeedType>
		<MonthIncrement>1</MonthIncrement>
		<!-- Number of months per turn -->
		<TurnsPerIncrement>600</TurnsPerIncrement>
		<!-- Number of turns using this increment -->
	</Row>
</GameSpeed_Turns>

That code will make Marathon speed use 1 month per turn. If you change the value to 6 instead of 1 then each turn will last 6 months. 12 would be 1 year per turn etc.

For more info on how to go about creating the mod and getting it to work I would recommend Kael's guide here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=385009

I've created an American Revolution scenario but I have the same problem with the speed and I have absolutely no experience with xml so if you could help me about how to make my game into a mod and how to add the speed mod that would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom