Civ 7 suggestion: not regional radius, but distance in tiles

DeckerdJames

Warlord
Suppose an industrial zone's regional effect travels along ancient roads. The production bonus can travel 15 tiles on that kind of road. It counts the tiles between the closest cities and distributes it's regional effect to cities along the roads. As the roads improve, the regional effect travels further. The same is true between cities with harbors. As shipping technology improves, the regional effect can go further.

Would be better than in Civ6, granted. But I would suggest to replace "along the road" with "according to terrain porosity", for which roads, railroads, water with sailing or not, airports would have a word to say.

Additionnally, I suggest that the workable radius to be less generic : you can buy tiles 5 (more ?) tiles away the city center, and it can expand naturally according to tile characterictics (strategic, luxury, bonus resources, etc.) more organically, I mean not always the first radius, then the second, etc. until all workable tiles are expanded, because you could work tile a lot further this time around. Obviously the further it is, the more it costs in terms of gold (or culture, too. That's why you shuld be able to define the next "natural" expansion through culture)

Or, make such radiuses worldwide, but with decreasing effect. I mean, instead of having factories act for 6 or 9 tiles around, make them of far larger range, nearly worldwide (so one doesn't have to count the tiles), but with with decreasing effects.

Example : in a city with an industrial zone, if you build a factory in it, it would affect the nearby 5 tiles away city by 100% of its effect, the city nearby 10 tiles away by 80%, and a colony on the other side of the world by 3%. Would be nice if the effects could be cumulated. (to a maximum of 100% effect ? So that nearby cities couldn't stack such effects between themselves, but it would have an effect on more distant cities anyway)

Last edited:
Top Bottom