Civ BE Refuses to Start

GrayK

Chieftain
Hey guys, I'm in need of some help. I upgraded to Windows 10 and was able to play Beyond Earth just fine then the other day it refuses to start. I've tried all the fixes I can find and nothing has worked. Reinstall, .dll fixes, registry defrags, reinstalls again, every driver update I can do, and even reinstalled Nvidia. If some one can help me soon that would be great.

Hardware:
Lenovo Y510p
Intel 4th Gen i7
Nvidia GT 750M
8GB Ram
1TB Hard drive - LOTS of space left

Did you try verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam? (go to your Steam library, right click on the game, select properties click the "local files" tab and select "verify integrity of game cache"). it worked for me when I had a similar issue after upgrading to windows 10.

Multiple times after each reinstall. Tried about 3-4 reinstalls of it and still doesn't want to start.

Moderator Action: Moved to Tech Support

Have you tried rolling back to Windows 7 or 8? (Whichever you had prior to the Windows 10 upgrade) You can do that up to 30 days following whenever you had updated.

Beyond Earth isn't officially supported by Firaxis for Windows 10 (nor is the upcoming Rising Tide expansion.)

I know I'm able to do it but I'm hoping to find a solution while keeping windows 10

I have the same problem. I did all the usual. 2K tech support said "sorry we can't help. Try the Civilization Fanatics forum."

Top Bottom