CIV Gold Revived ~ Developer Thread

Louis the XIV

Sun King
Because CIV Gold was a community project so is CIV Gold Revived!
Link to the Git Hub: https://github.com/LouiTheXIV/CIV-Gold-Revived/tree/main
Link to the Modpack thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-gold-revived.664563/

To become a CIV Gold Developer you must know how to edit XML and be trustworthy.
Till now the GIT HUB is only and only for adding new Civs. I will specify instructions below on how to add Civs in the GIT HUB.

Adding a Civ:
To add a Civ you must make it modular.
The easiest way is just to create a folder and name it lets say Sparta and inside that folder add the Leader Heads, Unique Unit, Unique Building, and Flag and Button and also Civilopedia entry.
For the Audio you must merge it with the Audio xml files in the Assets/XML/Audio folder.
For a solid example either Download Civ Gold Revived or download a modular civilization.

Below I will mention some people which I would allow to become contributors if they want to.
I am sure that some of them don't have time or don't want to but maybe they do and don't see this thread. So if you where mentioned below and see this message then don't think that I am forcing you to join. It is just a question
@rtt4a (for play testing and ideas/suggestions)
@tantanmen (for everything)
@MalayanGamer (for civ creation and flag creation)
@Dumanios ( for civ creation; not sure if you're still in modding but I really like the civs you created!)
@hrochland (for building art)
@Bagdemagus (for unit art creation)

I do not know everyone on the forum so if you have experience with making Modular civs and are bored and feel like contributing to a project feel free to comment below!

I'm not sure if this is something you're already working on but I can adapt the CivGold civs into EarthEvolution. Otherwise, it's really dead simple as long as you have an application like MapView to reference plot coordinates.
As an aside, it looks like it would also be really simple to put GEM into the EE2 script and make a "Giant Earth Evolution".

I'm not sure if this is something you're already working on but I can adapt the CivGold civs into EarthEvolution. Otherwise, it's really dead simple as long as you have an application like MapView to reference plot coordinates.
As an aside, it looks like it would also be really simple to put GEM into the EE2 script and make a "Giant Earth Evolution".
So basically Earth Evolution is a map I found buried on the forum which I think deserves MUCH more fame then it has.
At the end of the Earth Evolution map there is a list which goes something like this:
CIVILIZATION:[ 'CIVILIZATION_AMERICA=('98,12)
'CIVILIZATION_ARABIA'=(45,25)
etc.... so to adapt it to CIV Gold you must create an entry for every Civ in CIV Gold! Or just as many as you want.
I would appreciate your help and it would save me a lot of time!

Here's a map from the original CivGold showing the geographic locations of the civs. Should be a good reference for civ-makers who want to fill up less represented areas.
upload_2020-11-20_19-33-2.png

Earth Evolution updated to CivGold Revived. Unzip directly into the folder and replace the file.

Attachments

• PublicMaps.7z
    32.1 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom