Civ idea- Fiji

Hi_Kevin

Chieftain
Hello all. I have been a lurker for a while now, but have decided to make a account for a idea that that I have. As you probably know, this civ idea is Fiji. Please give constructive criticism and your thoughts

Fiji-(need little title here)
Leader- George Konrote
Capital- Suva
Spawn Bias- Jungle or Island

Unique Ability- Vuqa itau Civilization leaders more inclined to give peace treaties, 3+ happiness and 1+ culture when a civilization makes peace with you

Unique Improvement- Lovo 2+ culture, 1+ food on improved tile. Cannot be built adjacent to another Lovo. Cannot be built on snow, tundra, or desert tiles

Unique Unit- Fiji Warrior Replaces warrior. Can embark before optics, and has a 20% bonus modifier vs barbarians. Costs the same amount as a regular warrior

Hm... Well, first things first, welcome to the forum! I hope you have a long and productive stay.

As for the Civ idea, well, the UA's in need of a little work and the other seems a tad underpowered. If you'll permit me, this is what I would have done in your shoes:-

---

Fiji (Cakobau)
Capital: :c5capital: Suva
Start Bias: Jungle (There isn't, alas, an Island start bias in the game to my knowledge)
UA: Vuqa Itau
Cities generate +3 and +10% :c5culture: Culture for the duration of a Peace Treaty. Gain +1 :c5happy: Local Happiness in the :c5capital: Capital upon the completion of a Research Agreement.
UU: Bati (replaces Swordsman)
Unlike the Swordsman it replaces, the Bati does not require Iron and is much cheaper to build. Additionally, it starts with the unique promotion "Totokia", which grants it a +50% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when attacking Barbarians and a further +33% :c5strength: Combat Bonus in Forest or Jungle tiles. Also starts with the Mobility promotion. Upgrades to Musketman.
UI: Lovo (All new!)
+2 :c5food: Food, +2 :c5culture: Culture. May only be built on flat tiles that are not Tundra or Desert (Flood Plains are fine). Does not remove Forest or Jungle. Generates an additional +2 :c5food: Food, +2 :c5culture: Culture, and +2 :c5gold: Gold for the duration of a Peace Treaty. May not be built adjacent to another Lovo. Unlocked at Trapping.

---

Hopefully that's to your liking. I'm not sure how well this can work - basing stuff on Peace Treaties might be tricky, and I'm not a coder - but I tried to stick to the design brief and I like the general ethos of your Civ. Enjoy your time here at CivFanatics! =]

The problem I see with both of your UAs is that it could easily be exploited: make a decent military, declare war on the lowest-military person, wait 10 turns, make white peace, rinse and repeat. With Scapegrace's UA, that's very high culture, and a bit of food and gold. With Hi_Kevin's idea, that's very high happiness.

I was balancing for Deity, when early wars can be extremely tricky depending on what you're up against and wars tend to drag on a bit. While yes, it's exploitable in hindsight, there's a limit to how much it can be nerfed without penalising people for not exploiting it, if that makes any sense.

Which, since I'm posting this at half past four in the morning, I freely admit is unlikely. =]

Yes, I'm well aware of what the start biases are. =]

Top Bottom