Civ V - Beta 4

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

*There is no Civ V HOF Mod as of yet, so please play these games in the spirit of the Civ IV Hall of Fame Rules. Please review these before playing.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Great Plains
  • Speed: Normal
  • Civ: Egypt
  • Opponents: Any, 7 opponents only, default option (8 civs in total), 16 City States only
  • Resources: Standard
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians, New Random Seed, Random Personalities
  • Date: 15th November to 15th December 2010

The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker. See the game thread for further details.

While each map can only be played once, players are more than welcome to generate new maps and submit multiple games. Also, as everyone is playing their own distinct maps, there is no need for spoiler limitation within the thread. In fact, we encourage detailed posting of strategy and gameplay.

>>> Dissussion thread <<<.

On it. Another new experience for me as I haven't played Great Plains before.

Bring it on!

I've been playing great plains a bit and the map needs to be a bit more randomized.

If you are in the forest area, you are probably on the right edge of the map. If you are in mountains you are probably on the left edge of the map. If you are in a lot of grassland/plains with rivers (this map is wonderful if you aren't on an edge!) then you are someone in the middle 2/3 of the map.

I really enjoy this map but I wish it were slightly less predictable.

If you are in the forest area, you are probably on the right edge of the map. If you are in mountains you are probably on the left edge of the map. If you are in a lot of grassland/plains with rivers (this map is wonderful if you aren't on an edge!) then you are someone in the middle 2/3 of the map.

It is the same as in Civ IV, it is a good map but you always know where you are on the map. The 5-6 cow starts in the middle of the map were great in Civ IV, not as good here I guess.

Top Bottom