Civ VI is easy? I don't know...

it has to be easier since i can win a game on king i could never do that in civ V :p

I don't know how obvious this is to any of you, but the AI never gets better up from King or Prince. It just gets more bonuses. So lambasting the Deity AI for being stupid doesn't make sense. It's the same script, it just has more bonuses. It's not any smarter. If you want to have a challenge, you need to play under personal constraints.

I know the AI is the same. But the bonuses AI get at least made it a challenge to win Civ V on deity. My first deity victory on Civ VI was a cakewalk. If Civ V was able to provide a challenge as it was, why couldn't its successor?

I got a defeat screen for no reason.

I could not see any area where I was behind except for religion which I was not able to establish.

I had been declared war on twice by the same civ and all of a sudden the defeat screen comes up out of nowhere.

Select One More Turn and look through the individual victory tabs. Likely it was a science victory since the science victory summary is completely disconnected from the science victory condition - a civ can be trailing in science (the summary only indicates who's leading in terms of number of techs) but have built the requisite parts to complete the space race. The domination tab appears unrelated to the victory condition as well, but presumably you'd know if another civ controlled your capital.

As for AI teching, this says it all:

Select One More Turn and look through the individual victory tabs. Likely it was a science victory since the science victory

I was leading in science by a long way so not that. I will have a look though thanks. Also it was still the 1800s so no one had progressed that far.

It is not possible to play this game without being declared war on it seems even on settler. I had one civ declare war on me several times and I am always getting denounced.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not possible to play this game without being declared war on it seems even on settler. I had one civ declare war on me several times and I am always getting denounced.

Depends on which civs are close to you and whether they have better things to do besides DoWing you. I did a science victory on immortal where I only got one single DoW very late in the game and I had two official friend civs too. You can play a peaceful game, just not every time.

The only civ I trust to maintain a declared friendship without DoWing on me, at this point, is Sumeria. Everyone else, a DoF seems to be an invitation to DoW.

On the other hand, I finally gave in to my annoyance and converted Delhi (and all of India, for that matter) to Eastern Orthodoxy. So now crazy Ghandi is spamming Orthodoxy missionaries. So far he seems to only be using them for scouting, but its a breath of fresh air. The opportunity cost? Losing out on a chain of some of the best Great Persons the world has ever seen. Did you know there is an engineer that increases the production and RANGE of all of the buildings in a district?

As an aside note, I believe that if you purchase multiple apostles in the same turn, they will get the same promotions. At least that was my experience several turns in a row.

Top Bottom