1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ1 explained: city disasters

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by darkpanda, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Toupie

Toupie Chieftain

For the nuclear plant, there's a probability of nuclear catastroph when your city revolts, until you discover Nuclear Fusion which clears this threat. I think this is the sole improvment which can be destroyed this way rather than by a city switching sides.

2. Mize

Mize Warlord

Yes, that's probably it. I knew this and still somehow mixed it up. Although it may be possible for nuke plants to go boom when destroyed by fire/earthquake too, but I don't remember if that's ever happened to me either.

3. darkpanda

darkpanda Dark Prince

I am sure the Nuke plant failure is not part of the disaster routine I presented in this thread, but I know about it, and it's most likely handled in a different place, in a different way.

4. Kras

Kras Chieftain

You should collect all your data and make a PDF or something.

5. darkpanda

darkpanda Dark Prince

Definitely, and I already have the title: Civilization in vitro - Anatomy of a video game classic :)

However, it's really not in the top of my to-do list at the moment...

6. tupi

tupi Chieftain

I found one more thing: disasters can happen only after game turn 50 (3000 BC normally). On any difficulty.