1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ1 exploit: design flaw in randomness

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by darkpanda, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Verbis Doodn

Verbis Doodn Chieftain

Hi experts,
    this forum has been a brilliant resource for all kinds of Civ1 questions I've come across over the years. IMHO the most incredible work is darkpanda's discovery and subsequent work on the city view reseeding - fantastic stuff, thanks a lot!

What I've not been able to find an answer to is the question humbe has presented above about a year ago: "how to influence which technology I get from a hut".
    Urtica Dioica and Valen had given it some thought as well in their posts.

I've played around a little, but possibilities seem endless. With the help of the city view technique, at least I've managed to get 3 different technologies - but not the one I want, although I do have all pre-requisistes to that tech. This is reproducible, meaning I always get the same respective tech depending on the number of random calls.
    Details: orkenypuszta city. 5 calls: philosophy, 7: monarchy, 14: horseback riding, 15 (and 18, 22, 24): monarchy (I've stopped there for now).
    But I want astronomy, damn it! ;-)

I'll keep trying, probably with different city names, but trial&error is a pain, and I'd much rather understand the logic on how to influence the outcome systematically.

@darkpanda and humbe (or anyone): any recent insights on how to systematically get the tech I want?

PS and somewhat related:
    I would +1 that theory. Had the same experience in cases where I moved my cavalry to huts that were on arctic terrain.

2. Volcanon

Volcanon Chieftain

How do you hackzor this in order to always get advanced tribes? Free empire!

3. Lord.L.

Lord.L. Chieftain

Two questions: How to calculate the coordinates of civ respawn knowing the seed. Alsp how to control the tech you get from the hut?