Civ2-GOTM-146-Inspired-Challenge

Jarek Noschese

Prince Gordon
You play on the Huge Chiron Map as the University in this game. Your starting techs are Information Networks and Biogenetics. This game uses Librarian Difficulty, Iron Man, Unity Survey, Direct Research, and Look First settings. (No other seed gave the result I wanted for this.) You are not allowed to build even one single city on any of the three main continents
(Centauri Minor, which straddles the far west and south; Phobos, in the center; and Deimos, in the far east) at any point. You can capture enemy bases by any means. Get boats as soon as possible. It's your only salvation in this challenge. Make good use of your lone starting Colony Pod and free Scout Patrol. You'll need them.

Broken game mechanics inspired this challenge. Civ2 calculated "power" in a black-n-white manner, except for any scenario with "objective" scoring. Civ2's GOTM 146 is exemplary of this flaw. In SMAC, the territory has a negligible effect on the Might Calculation. Submit your final scores at any time. Alpha Centauri Score, Alpha Centauri Rating (Holo-book), Finishing Year, and Victory Type must be listed. The rules are as follows.

1. No Scenario Editor (this is obvious)

2. Backup save files and video recordings are recommended to prove you have perpetrated no unfair tampering. Otherwise, validating your score will become tough, perhaps impossible. You can attach saved files directly to forum posts, but you should post video records elsewhere and provide the sharing links.

3. I recommend not changing game options or your .ini unless you know what you're doing.

4. This file is for the legally purchased base game. (The GOG.com version is recommended.) Alien Crossfire and pirated versions are not allowed.

I will disqualify any score that breaks these rules. I will also withhold unverified-by-me marks until the player can prove their integrity.

Attachments

• civ2gotm146inspiredchallenge.SAV
    497.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Do you maybe have a screenshot of the starting position :)?
I'd like to put it up on the main page and Twitter, and it's nicer if there's a picture to it.
You start on the Island of Deianira as indicated by this screenshot.

Attachments

• bandicam 2022-03-17 18-19-29-087.jpg
    bandicam 2022-03-17 18-19-29-087.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Top Bottom