Civ2 great customization

FinnTitan

Chieftain
After 6 weeks of playing Civ3, sold it away because lack of customization and horrible airforces.

In civ2, customization is better than in any other game available! I think there are also other players who like to create their own units and terrains to extend game's life cycle.

Tried to create units in Civ3 and they never worked after many days of work. I wish there will be an upgrade pack for Civ2 which adds culture borders, trade, diplomacy and resources from Civ3. Civ2 is still best strategy game for me!

By the way (as a new user here), can I send some of my units here if someone wants to use them? They are mostly ww2 units.

Yeah, how do you make your own units. I have so many ideas. SOmebody made a Su-27 unit that was from a picture. If I knew how to do that, I would make AWESOME units.

Making units is quite simple if you have a graphics tool (for example Painshop Pro). Easiest way for me is to copy existing unit then zoom it and edit pixel by pixel. Slow but doesn't require special skills...I think there are several good manuals out there related to unit editing which you can find with google or altavista. I made a new thread at "general discussion" where you can download some units.

I can see where this conversation is going. The main thing about creating units is not really the icon you use. It is more creating a unit with it's own attack power, defence, cost, movement rate and special abilities (eg Paradrop, sea or air unit etc.) In the 'Rules.txt' file, which should be in your MPS-Civ2 directory, there are fairly straightforward instructions on how to make units and fiddle around with other things (eg. Wonder Obsoletion-;)-).

Top Bottom