Civ4 XML Files - Quick Reference

Max_x_fire

Civ Junkie
Recently I was dabbling with the game speeds, trying to create my own speed, and found that it was pretty difficult to find what I was looking for! After searching all the XML files, I finally found what I wanted, but I felt I had wasted too much time just trying to find what I wanted!

So I decided to start a quick reference to all the XML files, giving a little description about each one so as to speed up my searches. :goodjob:

As well as my personal reasons for doing it, I thought it might be handy for other modders out there, or those who want to start, as I've seen numerous posts asking, "where can I find this? As I want to mod that..."

v1.0 Complete
View attachment C4_XML_Quick_Reference v1.0.zip
(C4_XML_Quick_Reference v1.0.xls)​

A List of folders worked on and status:
Art - Complete
Audio - Complete
BasicInfos - Complete
Buildings - Complete
Civilizations - Complete
GameInfo - Complete
Interface - Complete
Misc - Complete
Technologies - Complete
Terrain - Complete
Text - Complete
Units - Complete​

129 XML files are complete!
I'd like to thank Sovarn for his help in completing this (excellent work!) :goodjob:

Future plans: I'm going to play Civ4! :crazyeye:
After that, I'm going to take an in depth look into some of those big interesting looking XML files and catalogue them for future reference, possibly starting with the throne room files!! :eek:

Any comments, suggestions or additions for this project are welcome.

wow excellent work dude :D

EDIT: ADDED PDF DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• C4_XML_Quick_Reference v1.0.pdf
    71.4 KB · Views: 4,500
So is Version 0.2 the completed thing?

I noticed you're in Glasgow. My "to do" project is make a Scotland Mod. I've already got the St. Andrew's Cross flag to work.

Feet said:
Dude you should add this info to the Civ4 Wiki page!

http://www.kyteland.com/civ4wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I'll upload it to the wiki when it becomes v1.0 (no point uploading a partially complete list!)

I'll probably delve into some of the obscure XML files I found whilst making this and add them to the wiki, aswell as posting them on civfanatics. :)

The CityLSystem and PlotLSystem files in Buildings/ are most certainly related to the Lindenmayer systems which are used to generate terrain features and city views in a changing yet orderly fashion.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-system for some explanation on the subject.

Just thought I'd apologize about the lack of progress in this quick ref but this has been due to several RL things that where outwith my control! ;)

I'll have it finnished by tonight (GMT evening that is!) and I'll look into the CityLsystem and PlotLsystem files and get them updated (thanks sir_woland).

I may also need to update this after the comming patch, depending on how much Firaxis changed in the XML.

I haven't got to the XML part of my mod yet, so I am unable to give you any feedback now. I'm just making this reply to appreciate your effort :goodjob: :clap:

vbraun said:
Could you start adding this stuff to the Civ4 Wiki?/Would you mind of we copied some of this for it?

I tried to upload the file to the wiki but it seems to only accept pictures.

I looked at putting this stuff into the Wiki but I'm not sure exactly how to fit this info into what is there. If you could send me a PM or email me with a quick howto and format for it all then I'll start ripping it up and putting it into the Wiki. :)

Are there any plans to do something similar with the Python scripts. I get so dizzy going through each script looking for definitions to change to make my mod 100% compatible with all map types.

Top Bottom